A selection of Jim Dobbin's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jim Dobbin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jim Dobbin’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health what his Department's policy is on categorising modification to genomic DNA in mitochondria through pronuclear transfer or maternal spindle transfer as genetic modification.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health what assessment he has made of changes in the survival rate of babies born before 24 weeks gestation; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what steps he is taking to encourage the Iraq government to sign the Ministry of Justice's draft Prison Transfer Agreement.
More of Jim Dobbin’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Heywood and Middleton
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 7 September 2014 — Died
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Education and Skills
- Education (Heywood and Middleton)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2009)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (15 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (29 Jun 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Jim Dobbin’s speeches
- Has received answers to 104 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 61.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 68 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 26 Aug 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 150 Strand, London, WC2R 1JA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): air fare and hotel accommodation with a total value of £1,621
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Purpose of visit: Visit as part of a Parliamentary Delegation with the APPG
on Gibraltar, of which I am the chairman, to celebrate Gibraltar Day.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from