A selection of Janet Dean's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
11 votes for, 0 votes against, between 1997–2004
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2007
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 1999–2007
Almost always voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 9 votes against, 1 absence, between 2003–2007
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
40 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2006–2009
We have lots more plain English analysis of Janet Dean’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Janet Dean’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport by what means the national sporting governing bodies plan to undertake their consultation on the review of the UK Coaching Certificate; and what partner organisations in each sport each governing body plans to support.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport how much funding his Department has allocated to the Amateur Swimming Association for the provision of free swimming teacher training courses in each local authority in the last two years.
Order. We must now move on to the next debate.
More of Janet Dean’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Burton
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Kidney Patients: Medical Treatments
- Gaming Machines
Other offices held in the past
- Member, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (11 Nov 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Catering Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Janet Dean’s speeches
- Has received answers to 18 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 84.32% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 40 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 76 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from