Geraint Davies campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Geraint Davies’s voting in Parliament
Geraint Davies is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Geraint Davies’s votes.
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Generally voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Geraint Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Geraint Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Geraint Davies has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Sugar in Food and Drinks (Targets, Labelling and Advertising) Bill - 2nd reading – Geraint Davies.
UK Environmental Protection (Maintenance of EU Standards) Bill - 2nd reading – Geraint Davies.
UK International Trade and Investment Agreements (Ratification) Bill - 2nd reading – Geraint Davies.
More of Geraint Davies’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Swansea West
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Also represented Croydon Central
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet Office
- Local Government and the Regions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Departmental Policies
- Voluntary Work: Young People
- Feroz Abbasi
- Trade Agreements
- Mental Health Services
Currently held offices
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 15 Jul 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 25 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (5 Jul 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (Substitute Member) (10 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Constitutional Affairs (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 10 Sep 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from