A selection of Geraint Davies's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
19 votes for, 6 votes against, 24 absences, between 2012–2017
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 40 votes against, 12 absences, between 2014–2016
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Generally voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2013
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
10 votes for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 1997–2016
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Geraint Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Geraint Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Former Labour/Co-operative MP for Swansea West
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Also represented Croydon Central
Topics of interest
Geraint Davies campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet Office
- Local Government and the Regions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Departmental Policies
- Voluntary Work: Young People
- Feroz Abbasi
- Mental Health Services
- Court Video Links
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (25 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (5 Jul 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (Substitute Member) (10 Nov 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Constitutional Affairs (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 10 Sep 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 58 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Geraint Davies’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 60.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 78 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 470 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from