Geraint Davies’s voting in Parliament
Geraint Davies is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Geraint Davies’s votes.
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Almost always voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, between 2004–2011
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, 1 absence, between 2013–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
10 votes for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, between 1997–2017
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 16 votes against, 7 absences, between 2010–2015
We have lots more plain English analysis of Geraint Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Geraint Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Geraint Davies has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 5 Feb 2019
Terms of Withdrawal from EU (Referendum) Bill: Second Reading – Geraint Davies.
European Union (Revocation of Notification of Withdrawal) Bill: Second Reading – Geraint Davies.
Clean Air Bill: Second Reading – Geraint Davies.
More of Geraint Davies’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Swansea West
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Also represented Croydon Central
Topics of interest
Geraint Davies campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Education
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet Office
- Departmental Policies
- Mental Health Services
- Special Educational Needs
- UK Trade With EU
- Trade Agreements
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (25 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (5 Jul 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (Substitute Member) (10 Nov 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Constitutional Affairs (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 10 Sep 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 4 Feb 2019.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Residential property in London: (i) and (ii). (Updated 3 June 2015)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Pure Crete Ltd, tour operator to Crete.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)