As a result of COVID-19, some MPs were less able to vote in Parliament in certain periods, and this will be reflected by absences in their voting record.
Show more detail
- 11th May to 2nd June 2020
All MPs could vote remotely through an online voting tool. Votes cast remotely are shown as normal on the TheyWorkForYou voting record.
- 2nd to 9th June 2020
The option of online voting was removed, and a number of MPs may have been unable to vote because they were not physically able to attend.
- 10th June 2020 onwards
The requirements on proxy voting were relaxed, allowing MPs to designate another MP to cast a vote on their behalf.
If an MP votes by proxy, it is effectively exactly the same as if they cast the vote in person and it shows up on their TheyWorkForYou voting record.
MPs are not required to designate a proxy, and may instead pair with an opposing MP to miss a vote. Parliament does not record when two MPs have come to a pairing arrangement, so on TheyWorkForYou, they will both appear to have been absent for the vote.
We will update this information if the situation changes. See more detail on votes during the COVID-19 period here.
Geraint Davies’s voting in Parliament
Geraint Davies is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a random selection of Geraint Davies’s votes.
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010.
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 18 votes against, 8 absences, between 2010–2022.
Almost always voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 8 votes against, 3 absences, between 2011–2021.
Almost always voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, between 2004–2011.
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2003–2016.
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 46 votes against, 17 absences, between 2014–2022.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Geraint Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Geraint Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Geraint Davies has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Labour MP for Swansea West
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015; Labour/Co-operative until 6 Nov 2019
Also represented Croydon Central
Topics of interest
Geraint Davies campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Education
- Air Pollution
- Wood-burning Stoves
- Health Services: Private Sector
- Air Pollution: Urban Areas
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 27 Jun 2022)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (since 2 Mar 2020)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 2 Mar 2020)
- Member, European Statutory Instruments Committee (since 10 Feb 2020)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 15 Jan 2020)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (6 Nov 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (22 Jun 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (25 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (5 Jul 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (Substitute Member) (10 Nov 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Constitutional Affairs (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 10 Sep 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)