Geraint Davies’s voting in Parliament
Geraint Davies is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Geraint Davies’s votes.
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, between 1999–2016
Generally voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 13 votes against, 5 absences, between 2012–2018
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 17 votes against, 7 absences, between 2010–2019
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, in 2016
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, 1 absence, between 2013–2016
Last updated: 4 Sep 2019.
Please share these votes responsibly.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Geraint Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Geraint Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Geraint Davies has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
If we are to reach the World Health Organisation’s targets by 2030, does my hon. Friend agree that is imperative to bring forward the date on which we will stop selling new diesel and fossil-fuel cars from 2042 to 2030? We also need a staged plan of how to get to 10 micrograms per cubic metre by 2030, but there is no such detail in the Environment Bill at the moment.
It is a pleasure to follow the right hon. Member for Chesham and Amersham (Dame Cheryl Gillan). I very much sympathise with her points about identity cards, given that, we are told, about 11 million people may not have passports or driving licences. It is important that these people can participate in democracy. I sympathise with many of the points the right hon. Lady makes about HS2. From a...
Will the right hon. Gentleman give way?
More of Geraint Davies’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Swansea West
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Also represented Croydon Central
Topics of interest
Geraint Davies campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Education
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet Office
- Departmental Policies
- Mental Health Services
- Special Educational Needs
- Speech and Language Therapy: Children
- UK Trade With EU
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (25 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (5 Jul 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (Substitute Member) (10 Nov 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Constitutional Affairs (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 10 Sep 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Sep 2019.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Residential property in London: (i) and (ii). (Updated 3 June 2015)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Pure Crete Ltd, tour operator to Crete.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)