Geraint Davies’s voting in Parliament
Geraint Davies is a Independent MP, but has changed parties or become independent.
Compared to their original party (Labour), for the vast majority of issues they have voted in the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a random selection of Geraint Davies’s votes.
Almost always voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, between 2004–2011.
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, between 1999–2016.
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2003–2016.
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2020.
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 12 votes against, 1 absence, between 2013–2022.
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 7 absences, between 2011–2016.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Geraint Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Geraint Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, what his Department's policy is on the evacuation from Gaza of (a) British citizens, (b) family members of British citizens and (c) people with UK visas who do not have (i) British citizenship and (ii) British family members.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, whether he plans to update the guidance and specifications on the use of mechanical ventilation systems in the healthcare sector.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, whether he has made an assessment of the adequacy of occupational exposure limits for ozone on patients in the health care sector.
More of Geraint Davies’s recent appearances
Independent MP for Swansea West
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015; Labour/Co-operative until 6 Nov 2019; Labour until 31 May 2023
Also represented Croydon Central
Topics of interest
Geraint Davies campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Education
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Air Pollution
- Wood-burning Stoves
- Air Pollution: Death
- Health Services: Private Sector
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 27 Jun 2022)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (since 2 Mar 2020)
- Member, European Statutory Instruments Committee (since 10 Feb 2020)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee ( 2 Mar 2020 to 19 Jun 2023)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (15 Jan 2020 to 6 Jun 2023)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee ( 6 Nov 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (22 Jun 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (25 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee ( 5 Jul 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (Substitute Member) (10 Nov 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Constitutional Affairs (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 10 Sep 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)