Geraint Davies campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Geraint Davies’s voting in Parliament
Geraint Davies is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Geraint Davies’s votes.
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
14 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, 4 absences, between 2011–2016
Generally voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 12 votes against, 5 absences, between 2012–2014
Almost always voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, between 2004–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Geraint Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Geraint Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Geraint Davies has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
Labour/Co-operative MP for Swansea West
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Also represented Croydon Central
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet Office
- Local Government and the Regions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Departmental Policies
- Voluntary Work: Young People
- Feroz Abbasi
- Mental Health Services
- Court Video Links
Currently held offices
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 15 Jul 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 25 Jun 2015)
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (Substitute Member) (since 10 Nov 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (5 Jul 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Constitutional Affairs (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 10 Sep 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from