Geraint Davies’s voting in Parliament
Geraint Davies is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Geraint Davies’s votes.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
39 votes for, 6 votes against, 28 absences, between 2012–2018
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 16 votes against, 7 absences, between 2010–2015
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, between 1999–2016
Generally voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2013
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 40 votes against, 12 absences, between 2014–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Geraint Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Geraint Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
Geraint Davies has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
I call Dr Philippa Whitford to move the motion. I know it is a bit early, but we are all here.
On a point of order, Mr Speaker.
The hon. Gentleman is referring to new clause 18, which is in the next group. We have limited time and he is talking about the wrong section of the Bill.
More of Geraint Davies’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Swansea West
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Also represented Croydon Central
Topics of interest
Geraint Davies campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Cabinet Office
- Local Government and the Regions
- Department for International Trade
- Departmental Policies
- UK Trade With EU
- Voluntary Work: Young People
- Feroz Abbasi
- Mental Health Services
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (25 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (5 Jul 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (Substitute Member) (10 Nov 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Constitutional Affairs (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 10 Sep 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from