A selection of Ian Davidson's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Generally voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Almost always voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ian Davidson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ian Davidson’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what measures her Department has put in place to track foreign national offenders upon release back into the community since May 2010.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what the target time is from the point of application for people with (a) cancer and (b) motor neurone disease to receive their benefit entitlement under the special rules for terminal illness.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what steps he has taken to encourage retailers to stock more Fairtrade products and adopt Fairtrade principles.
More of Ian Davidson’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Glasgow South West
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005
Also represented Glasgow Pollok; Glasgow Govan
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- European Constitution
- European Contractors
- Tax Credits
- EU Legislation
- EU Constitution
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Scottish Affairs Committee (10 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 10 Jun 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (7 May 1997 to 3 Dec 1998)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Ian Davidson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 29 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.96% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 61 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 351 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: The Taipei Representative Office in the UK
Address of donor: 50 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): the approximate amount includes accommodation £600, food £300 and return flights £2,400; total £3,300
Destination of visit: Taiwan
Purpose of visit: As part of the British-Taiwanese APPG
, to promote the understanding of Taiwan and strengthen UK-Taiwan relations.
(Registered 7 August 2014)
Name of donor: (1) Vietnam Airlines, London office: (2) Fund for Economic Activities in
Address of donor: (1) 4th floor, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London
SW1W 0EN; (2), 7 Chu Va An St, Hanoi, Vietnam
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £1,360, comprising (1) flights costing
£650, and a further £710 for accommodation and meals, which was shared equally between
donors (2) and (3)
Destination of visit: Vietnam
Purpose of visit: to gain greater familiarity with the current socio-economic development of
Vietnam and to contribute to improving relations between Vietnam and the UK in my
capacity as a member of the Vietnam APG
8. Land and Property
Part ownership of a house in Galashiels. (Updated 3 December 2014)
Part ownership of a flat in London from which rental income is received. (Registered 20 August 2012; updated 3 December 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from