A selection of Claire Curtis-Thomas's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 5 absences, between 1999–2007
Has never voted on a wholly elected House of Lords
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
28 votes for, 0 votes against, 14 absences, between 2006–2009
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 1997–2004
We have lots more plain English analysis of Claire Curtis-Thomas’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Claire Curtis-Thomas’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence pursuant to the answer of 22 March 2010, Official Report, columns 9-10, on armed forces: Merseyside, how many young people in the UK cadet forces were recruited into the armed forces in each of the last five years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health what the average time was that patients in Merseyside waited for the start of treatment for ovarian cancer in the most recent year for which figures are available.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence pursuant to the answer of 22 March 2010, Official Report, columns 9-10W, on armed forces: Merseyside, how many of the (a) 131,000 young people and (b) 25,000 adult volunteers are based in Merseyside.
More of Claire Curtis-Thomas’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Crosby
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- International Development
- Education and Skills
- Trade and Industry
- Criminal Cases Review Commission
- Identity Cards
- Crown Prosecution Service
Other offices held in the past
- PPS (Rt Hon Baroness Scotland of Asthal QC, Attorney General), Law Officers' Department (28 Jun 2007 to 4 Aug 2008)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Claire Curtis-Thomas’s speeches
- Has received answers to 211 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 43.94% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 49 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 196 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from