David Crausby’s voting in Parliament
David Crausby is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, David Crausby sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
David Crausby generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Labour MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
David Crausby almost always voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
David Crausby generally voted for a statutory register of lobbyists, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Crausby’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Crausby’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Crausby has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, how many homes have been purchased using Help To Buy in the borough of Bolton; and how many of those homes were sold with a lease.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, pursuant to the Answer of 18 May 2018 to Question 142766 on Bangladesh: Elections, whether he has received a request from the Bangladeshi Government to scrutinise that country's forthcoming elections; and what assessment he has made of the potential implications for the safety of such monitors of scrutinising those elections.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what plans his Department has to restore the ecosystems on the moors in (a) Greater Manchester and (b) Lancashire after the recent fires in those areas.
More of David Crausby’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bolton North East
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
David Crausby campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Fluoride: Drinking Water
- Departmental Early Retirement
- Housing Benefit
- Dental Services: Bolton
Currently held offices
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill (Commons) Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 22 Feb 2016)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (21 Jun 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, North West Regional Select Committee (10 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, North West Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 10 Mar 2009)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Mar 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Defence Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Social Security Committee (6 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Administration Committee (28 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Trade Bill Committee (0 out of 8)
- Chairman, Driving Instructors (Registration) Bill Committee (0 out of 2)
- Chairman, International Development (Official Development Assistance Target) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Chairman, Modern Slavery Bill Committee (5 out of 11)
- Leasehold Reform (Amendment) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Criminal Justice and Courts Bill Committee (7 out of 13)
- Chairman, FINANCE BILL Committee (6 out of 16)
- Chairman, PARTNERSHIPS (PROSECUTION) (SCOTLAND) BILL [LORDS] Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Trusts (Capital and Income) Bill [LORDS] Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, FINANCE (NO. 2) BILL Committee (2 out of 4)
- Chairman, Justice and Security Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Chairman, Energy Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Chairman, Energy Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Civil Aviation Bill Committee (3 out of 3)
- Christmas Day (Trading) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Extradition Bill Committee (7 out of 9)
- Licensing Bill Committee (17 out of 17)
- Commonhold & Leasehold Reform Bill Committee (6 out of 8)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all David Crausby’s speeches
- Has received answers to 102 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 36.16% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 94 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Crausby’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jul 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobald's Road, Holborn, London, WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,000 towards my General Election
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 07 July 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Income received from a residential property in London owned jointly with my wife: (i) and (ii).
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from