David Crausby campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
David Crausby’s voting in Parliament
David Crausby is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, David Crausby sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
David Crausby generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Labour MPs almost always voted for.
David Crausby almost always voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
David Crausby generally voted for a statutory register of lobbyists, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Crausby’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Crausby’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Crausby has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I thank hon. Members for their co-operation. They got the maths almost exactly right.
Order. Due to Divisions, this debate will end at 5.54 pm. I intend to give the two Front Benchers 10 minutes each, so I will call the first at 5.34 pm. Six Members have indicated that they wish to speak. Doing the maths, they have around three minutes each, including interventions.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what estimate he has made of the consolidated local transport budget for Greater Manchester after implementation of the devolution deal (a) in total and (b) per capita.
More of David Crausby’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bolton North East
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Fluoride: Drinking Water
- Departmental Early Retirement
- Dental Services: Bolton
Currently held offices
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 21 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill (Commons) Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 22 Feb 2016)
- Chair, North West Regional Select Committee (10 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, North West Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 10 Mar 2009)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Mar 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Defence Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Social Security Committee (6 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Administration Committee (28 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Driving Instructors (Registration) Bill Committee (0 out of 2)
- Chairman, Modern Slavery Bill Committee (5 out of 11)
- Chairman, International Development (Official Development Assistance Target) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Leasehold Reform (Amendment) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Criminal Justice and Courts Bill Committee (7 out of 13)
- Chairman, FINANCE BILL Committee (6 out of 16)
- Chairman, PARTNERSHIPS (PROSECUTION) (SCOTLAND) BILL [LORDS] Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Trusts (Capital and Income) Bill [LORDS] Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, FINANCE (NO. 2) BILL Committee (2 out of 4)
- Chairman, Justice and Security Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Chairman, Energy Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Chairman, Energy Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Civil Aviation Bill Committee (3 out of 3)
- Christmas Day (Trading) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Extradition Bill Committee (7 out of 9)
- Licensing Bill Committee (17 out of 17)
- Commonhold & Leasehold Reform Bill Committee (6 out of 8)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all David Crausby’s speeches
- Has received answers to 30 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 49.12% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Crausby’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 74 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Income received from a residential property in London owned jointly with my wife: (i) and (ii).
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from