Jeremy Corbyn’s voting in Parliament
Jeremy Corbyn is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Jeremy Corbyn sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jeremy Corbyn consistently voted against introducing foundation hospitals, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Jeremy Corbyn almost always voted against Labour's anti-terrorism laws, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Jeremy Corbyn consistently voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Jeremy Corbyn generally voted for investigations into the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs almost always voted against. Show votes
Jeremy Corbyn generally voted against introducing ID cards, while most Labour MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
Jeremy Corbyn generally voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests, while most Labour MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
Jeremy Corbyn generally voted against requiring the mass retention of information about communications, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Jeremy Corbyn generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Jeremy Corbyn generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jeremy Corbyn’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jeremy Corbyn’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jeremy Corbyn has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
I, too, pay tribute to Nelson Mandela on the centenary of his birth. The people of South Africa stood up against the most vile injustice of apartheid. Their solidarity and the solidarity of people around the world freed him and ended the scourge of apartheid. We should pay tribute to all of them on this day. People are losing trust in this Government. The Transport Secretary, the...
Thank you, Mr Speaker. I stated the fact that the Electoral Commission has made that reference. That is what I said. I asked the Prime Minister for a guarantee that her Ministers will co-operate with the police on any investigations that they may make. That is not judgmental—it is a guarantee they will co-operate. These are serious issues. Current Cabinet Ministers were indeed central...
More of Jeremy Corbyn’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Islington North
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Topics of interest
Jeremy Corbyn campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Western Sahara
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Nuclear Weapons
Currently held offices
- Leader of Her Majesty's Official Opposition (since 12 Sep 2015)
- Leader of the Labour Party (since 12 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (16 May 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, London Regional Select Committee (14 Dec 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Social Security Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 21 Mar 1997)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 56 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Jeremy Corbyn’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.55% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 26 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 520 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jeremy Corbyn’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2144 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Aug 2018.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Momentum Campaign (Services) Ltd
Address of donor: Walkden House, 10 Melton Street, London NW1 2EJ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: interest free, unsecured loan of £50,000 towards my campaign for leadership of the Labour Party
. This loan is for an indefinite period.
Date received: 12 July 2016
Date accepted: 12 July 2016
Donor status: company, registration 09654873
(Registered 04 August 2016
5. Gifts and benefits from sources outside the UK
Name of donor: Hans-Georg Tillman
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: First edition of a book, value £7,000, which I have donated to a museum.
Date received: 3 January 2018
Date accepted: 3 January 2018
Donor status: individual
(Registered 17 January 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from