Ann Clwyd’s voting in Parliament
Ann Clwyd is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Ann Clwyd sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Ann Clwyd generally voted for a statutory register of lobbyists, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ann Clwyd’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ann Clwyd’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ann Clwyd has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 4 Dec 2017
International Human Rights Day and the UK's role in promoting human rights – Ann Clwyd.
I, too, congratulate the Chair of the Foreign Affairs Committee; it has been a very interesting Committee to serve on, and I thank him for the way in which he has conducted this inquiry. I want to ask him in particular about the need to find a way to open access to Rakhine province, including in respect of any process of repatriation, because we must be very concerned about the lack of access...
There are two immediate things this country should do. First, it should stop selling arms to Saudi Arabia, as that has simply fuelled what is going on in Yemen. Secondly, it should pay to Iran the money we owe it in debt—perhaps the Foreign Secretary has agreed to do that. I hope we can thus see the release of the dual nationals—Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe and others who are held in...
More of Ann Clwyd’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Cynon Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 3 May 1984 — unknown
Topics of interest
Ann Clwyd campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Trade and Industry
- Child Abuse in North Wales Judicial Inquiry Review
- Arms Export Licences
- Miners' Compensation
Currently held offices
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Oct 2017)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Sub-Committee (5 Jan 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Parliamentary Labour Party (24 May 2005 to 5 Dec 2006)
- Special Envoy to PM on Human Rights in Iraq (26 May 2003 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, International Development Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jan 1994 to 1 Jan 1995)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jan 1993 to 1 Jan 1994)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (1 Nov 1992 to 1 Jan 1993)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales (1 Jul 1992 to 1 Nov 1992)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (1 Jan 1989 to 1 Jan 1992)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (1 Jan 1987 to 1 Jan 1988)
- Member, Private Bill Procedure (Joint Committee) (12 Nov 1986 to 15 Nov 1988)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (1 Feb 1985 to 9 Feb 1988)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Aug 1983 to 31 Jul 1984)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Ann Clwyd’s speeches
- Has received answers to 22 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 64.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ann Clwyd’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 657 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from