Ann Clwyd’s voting in Parliament
Ann Clwyd is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Ann Clwyd sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Ann Clwyd voted for a statutory register of lobbyists, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ann Clwyd’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ann Clwyd’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ann Clwyd has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
I am going to read a letter from a constituent—a real person—that I received this morning by email: “Dear Ann Clwyd MP I am your constituent and I am deeply concerned at what Brexit uncertainty is already doing to our country. No form of Brexit commands a majority among politicians. There is only one sensible road left to pursue, and that is to take the decision back to the voters and...
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what steps his Department (a) has taken and (b) plans to take to support the work of the International Commission against Impunity in Guatemala following recent attempts by the Guatemalan Government to shut the commission down.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent assessment he has made of the validity of reports of continued enforced disappearances of minorities, dissidents and others in Pakistan.
More of Ann Clwyd’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Cynon Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 3 May 1984 — unknown
Topics of interest
Ann Clwyd campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Trade and Industry
- Child Abuse in North Wales Judicial Inquiry Review
- Arms Export Licences
- Miners' Compensation
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (since 12 Dec 2017)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Oct 2017)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Sub-Committee (5 Jan 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Parliamentary Labour Party (24 May 2005 to 5 Dec 2006)
- Special Envoy to PM on Human Rights in Iraq (26 May 2003 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, International Development Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jan 1994 to 1 Jan 1995)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jan 1993 to 1 Jan 1994)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (1 Nov 1992 to 1 Jan 1993)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales (1 Jul 1992 to 1 Nov 1992)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (1 Jan 1989 to 1 Jan 1992)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (1 Jan 1987 to 1 Jan 1988)
- Member, Private Bill Procedure (Joint Committee) (12 Nov 1986 to 15 Nov 1988)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (1 Feb 1985 to 9 Feb 1988)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Aug 1983 to 31 Jul 1984)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Ann Clwyd’s speeches
- Has received answers to 25 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 56.42% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 66 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ann Clwyd’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 674 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)