A selection of Michael Clapham's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2010
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
39 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 2006–2009
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
3 votes for, 2 votes against, 6 absences, between 1997–2004
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 1999–2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Michael Clapham’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Michael Clapham’s full vote analysis page for more.
My right hon. Friend will be aware that, on 1 October 2008, we introduced a modified pneumoconiosis scheme. That allows a miner who was employed by British Coal to claim a compensation payment, either under the Pneumoconiosis etc. (Workers' Compensation) Act 1979 or the 1974 scheme. However, is he aware that a man who has been employed in the private sector since 1994 can claim only under...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health what recent progress his Department has made towards establishing a network of research practitioners for asbestos-related diseases.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health when he expects his Department to provide updated leaflets with information for those with mesothelioma.
More of Michael Clapham’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Barnsley West and Penistone
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Work-related Illness
- Miners' Compensation
- Industrial Diseases: Compensation
- Fire Service
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Business and Enterprise Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Michael Clapham’s speeches
- Has received answers to 19 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.69% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 28 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 283 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from