Christopher Chope campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Christopher Chope’s voting in Parliament
Christopher Chope is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Christopher Chope sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Christopher Chope consistently voted against fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
Christopher Chope consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Christopher Chope’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Christopher Chope’s full vote analysis page for more.
Christopher Chope has sometimes rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, for what reasons the UK Border Agency did not carry out any checks on vehicles crossing from Poole to Cherbourg on the ferry Barfleur on 23 June 2016.
My hon. Friend has quoted from the council’s website, but surely, if what he quoted was correct, it would not have been necessary for the council’s application to Natural England to be withdrawn, because Natural England found the proposition unacceptable.
My hon. Friend says he would encourage people to work with the council, but will he also take this opportunity to encourage the council to consult and work with the local people on proposals to bring forward any future residential or other beach huts?
More of Christopher Chope’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Christchurch
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Southampton, Itchen
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Congestion Charging
- Individual Learning Accounts
- Official Travel
- Equitable Life
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee on Privileges (since 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (since 9 Sep 2015)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 24 May 2005)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (4 Nov 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (12 Dec 2012 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Political and Constitutional Reform Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Administration Committee (6 Nov 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Procedure Committee (12 Dec 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jan 2003 to 1 Jan 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Transport) (1 Jan 2002 to 1 Jan 2003)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jan 2001 to 1 Jan 2002)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (5 Jul 1999 to 4 Mar 2002)
- Shadow Minister (Trade and Industry) (1 Jan 1998 to 1 Jan 1999)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jan 1997 to 1 Jan 1998)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (1 Jan 1997 to 1 Jan 1998)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Transport (23 Jul 1990 to 14 Apr 1992)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Environment) (10 Sep 1986 to 22 Jul 1990)
- Member, Procedure Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 28 Jan 1987)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, High Speed Rail (London-West Midlands) Bill Committee (0 out of 2)
- Chairman, Education and Adoption Bill Committee (5 out of 10)
- Chairman, High Speed Rail (London-West Midlands) Bill Committee (1 out of 3)
- Chairman, High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill Committee (2 out of 6)
- Chairman, High-Speed Rail (London-West Midlands) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Armed Forces (Service Complaints and Financial Assistance) Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- House of Lords (Expulsion and Suspension) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Leasehold Reform (Amendment) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Deregulation Bill Committee (9 out of 18)
- Chairman, Defamation Bill Committee (1 out of 5)
- Mobile Homes Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Children and Families Bill Committee (10 out of 19)
- Legislation (Territorial Extent) Bill Committee (0 out of 2)
- Chairman, Finance (No. 2) Bill Committee (2 out of 5)
- Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims (Amendment) bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill Committee (8 out of 20)
- Local Government Ombudsman (Amendment) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Debt Relief (Developing Countries) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Flood and Water Management Bill Committee (4 out of 10)
- Chairman, Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Bill Committee (11 out of 18)
- Chairman, Regulatory Enforcement and Sanctions Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Chairman, National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Crown Employment (Nationality) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Chairman, Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Bill Committee (9 out of 18)
- Chairman, Child Maintenance and Other Payments Bill Committee (7 out of 11)
- Financial Mutuals Arrangements Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Legislative and Regulatory Reform Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Chairman, Education and Inspections Bill Committee (10 out of 21)
- Road Safety Bill Committee (9 out of 9)
- Traffic Management Bill Committee (9 out of 9)
- Civil Partnership Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- School Transport Bill Committee (2 out of 4)
- Industrial and Provident Societies Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Finance Bill Committee (13 out of 16)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Director of Carclew Limited; small private company which provides business consultancy services but excludes advice on parliamentary or public affairs (not trading).
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: British American Tobacco
Address of donor: Globe House, 4 Temple Place, London WC2R 2PG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: tickets and hospitality for two at Wimbledon, value £440
Date received: 12 July 2015
Date accepted: 12 July 2015
Donor status: company, registration no 03407696
(Registered 04 September 2015
Name of donor: JTI
Address of donor: Members Hill, Brooklands Road, Weybridge KT13 0QU
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: ticket and hospitality at Twickenham for the England v Australia Rugby World Cup match on 3 October 2015
Date received: 3 October 2015
Date accepted: 3 October 2015
Donor status: company, registration 1501573
(Registered 22 October 2015; updated 27 October 2015)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Carclew Limited (not trading).
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Christine Chope, as Secretary.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from