Bill Cash’s voting in Parliament
Bill Cash is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Bill Cash sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Bill Cash consistently voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Bill Cash almost always voted against fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Bill Cash consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Bill Cash’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Bill Cash’s full vote analysis page for more.
Bill Cash has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
My second petition relates to the No. 31 bus service to Cheadle from Hanley in Stoke-on-Trent and has also been signed by a significant number of my constituents. The petition states: The Petition of residents of the constituency of Stone in Staffordshire, Declares that the No. 31 bus service to Cheadle from Hanley should not be withdrawn. The Petitioners therefore request that the House of...
I have two petitions, the first of which is a petition signed by many residents of the Stone constituency in relation to the Women Against State Pension Inequality Campaign. The petition states: The Petition of residents of Stone, Declares that as a result of the way in which the 1995 Pension Act and the 2011 Pension Act were implemented, women born in the 1950s (on or after 6 April 1951)...
I congratulate my right hon. Friend not only on her statement and the way in which she dispatched the Leader of the Opposition, but on the passage of the European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Bill. Does she accept that now is the time for the UK to do all the things that she has recommended in her statement and, in addition to that, to take urgent legal advice in respect of the legal...
More of Bill Cash’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Stone
Entered the House of Commons on 3 May 1984 — unknown
Also represented Stafford
Topics of interest
Bill Cash campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Constitutional Affairs
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- European Constitution
- Electricity Generation
- EU Reform: Treaties
- EU Internal Trade
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, European Scrutiny Committee (since 21 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 21 Jul 2015)
- Member, Parliamentary Privilege (Joint Committee) (3 Dec 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, European Scrutiny Committee (8 Sep 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (8 Sep 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (14 Nov 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State (1 Jul 2003 to 6 Nov 2003)
- Shadow Attorney General (18 Sep 2001 to 6 Nov 2003)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (17 Nov 1998 to 8 Sep 2010)
- Member, Employment Committee (15 May 1989 to 21 Mar 1990)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (17 Jun 1987 to 15 Dec 1989)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (1 May 1986 to 15 Dec 1989)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (1 May 1986 to 15 Dec 1989)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (15 Jul 1985 to 17 Nov 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Bill Cash’s speeches
- Has received answers to 30 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.12% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 47 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 105 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Bill Cash’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2040 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Mar 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Solicitor, William Cash & Co, The Tithe Barn, Upton Cresset, nr Bridgnorth, WV16 6UH.
8 May 2016
, received £35,000. Hours: 90 hrs. (Registered 26 May 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Half share in London rental property (residential): (i). (Registered 16 April 2012
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from