Bill Cash’s voting in Parliament
Bill Cash is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Bill Cash sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Bill Cash consistently voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Bill Cash almost always voted against fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Bill Cash consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Bill Cash’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Bill Cash’s full vote analysis page for more.
Bill Cash has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
My right hon. Friend is making an excellent speech, and drawing attention to incredibly important matters. May I take the opportunity to say how grateful I am personally for the fact that my own father, who was killed in Normandy in 1944, is buried in one of those cemeteries? May I also take the opportunity to commemorate all those people from my constituency and from the whole of...
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what estimate he has made of the (a) amount and (b) proportion of UK electricity supply will be provide by interconnectors in (a) 2020 and (b) 2025.
More of Bill Cash’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Stone
Entered the House of Commons on 3 May 1984 — unknown
Also represented Stafford
Topics of interest
Bill Cash campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- Electricity Interconnectors
- European Constitution
- Electricity Generation
- EU Reform: Treaties
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Chair, European Scrutiny Committee (since 1 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (30 Oct 2017 to 1 Nov 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, European Scrutiny Committee (21 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 21 Jul 2015)
- Member, Parliamentary Privilege (Joint Committee) (3 Dec 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (8 Sep 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, European Scrutiny Committee (8 Sep 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (14 Nov 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State (1 Jul 2003 to 6 Nov 2003)
- Shadow Attorney General (18 Sep 2001 to 6 Nov 2003)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (17 Nov 1998 to 8 Sep 2010)
- Member, Employment Committee (15 May 1989 to 21 Mar 1990)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (17 Jun 1987 to 15 Dec 1989)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (1 May 1986 to 15 Dec 1989)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (1 May 1986 to 15 Dec 1989)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (15 Jul 1985 to 17 Nov 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Bill Cash’s speeches
- Has received answers to 17 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.13% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 47 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 98 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Bill Cash’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2098 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Solicitor, William Cash & Co, The Tithe Barn, Upton Cresset, nr Bridgnorth, WV16 6UH.
20 April 2018
, received £28,000. Hours: 70 hrs. (Registered 03 May 2018)
Name of donor: (1) The People
’s Movement against the EU
(2) The Red Cell
(UK think tank)
Address of donor: (1) Tordenskjoldsgade 21, st.th. DK
-1055 Copenhagen K, Denmark (2) Lynton Mansions, McAuley Close, London SE1 7BW
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): flights £313; one night’s accommodation £80; dinner £50 and taxi transfers £120. The total value of £563 was divided (1) £63 and (2) £500 between the donors.
Destination of visit: Aarhus, Denmark
Dates of visit: 28-29 October 2017
Purpose of visit: to receive award to me in Denmark for promoting democracy and international cooperation in Europe.
(Registered 16 November 2017
; updated 28 November 2017)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from