A selection of Ronnie Campbell's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 12 votes against, 2 absences, between 2003–2016
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
14 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2011
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2017
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ronnie Campbell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ronnie Campbell’s full vote analysis page for more.
I should have had this debate on the day of the terrorist attack, but unfortunately it was cancelled and I have had to wait three or four weeks for this replacement debate. That is a long time and things have developed in the factory since then. It is always sad when a Member comes to Parliament to say that a lot of jobs have been lost in their constituency—in this case at least 450 and...
More of Ronnie Campbell’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Blyth Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Ronnie Campbell campaigned to leave the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Education and Skills
- Culture Media and Sport
- Ashwell Prison
- Epilepsy: Pregnant Women
- Further Education (Blyth Valley)
- New Deal (Blyth Valley)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Health Committee (31 Oct 2005 to 26 Nov 2007)
- Member, Catering Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (16 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (17 Jun 1987 to 21 Mar 1997)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Ronnie Campbell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 60.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 13–14 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 146 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 159 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from