Alan Campbell campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Alan Campbell’s voting in Parliament
Alan Campbell is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Alan Campbell’s votes.
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alan Campbell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alan Campbell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alan Campbell has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I will attempt to do exactly that, Madam Deputy Speaker, with a brief contribution. I am grateful for the opportunity to speak in this debate, and I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Great Grimsby (Melanie Onn) not only on securing it, but on her speech. In our annual fisheries debate, we remember those who have lost their lives at sea over the year in what is still the most...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how much her Department has spent to support male victims of domestic abuse in each of the last three years for which figures are available.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, how many small businesses in (a) Tynemouth constituency, (b) North Tyneside local authority area and (c) the North East have claimed small business rate relief in the latest period for which figures are available.
More of Alan Campbell’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Tynemouth
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Work and Pensions
- North East
- Metal Theft
- North Tyneside LEA
- Speech Therapy
- North Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee of Selection (since 17 Jun 2015)
- Opposition Deputy Chief Whip (Commons) (since 8 Oct 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee of Selection (13 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (Crime Reduction) (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (10 May 2006 to 8 Oct 2008)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (5 May 2006 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (19 Dec 2005 to 9 May 2006)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Adam Ingram, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Charities Bill (Joint Committee) (29 Apr 2004 to 15 Sep 2004)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from