Alan Campbell campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Alan Campbell’s voting in Parliament
Alan Campbell is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Alan Campbell’s votes.
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alan Campbell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alan Campbell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alan Campbell has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, if she will take steps to provide information on how many pupils were excluded from (a) community schools, (b) foundation schools, (c) free schools, (d) academies and (e) grammar schools in each of the last three years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what research her Department has commissioned on the increase in the number of pupil exclusions over the last three years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what steps he is taking to ensure that proposed increases in business rates do not have a negative effect on the British solar industry.
More of Alan Campbell’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Tynemouth
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Work and Pensions
- North East
- Metal Theft
- North Tyneside LEA
- Speech Therapy
- North Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee of Selection (since 17 Jun 2015)
- Opposition Deputy Chief Whip (Commons) (since 8 Oct 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee of Selection (13 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (Crime Reduction) (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (10 May 2006 to 8 Oct 2008)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (5 May 2006 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (19 Dec 2005 to 9 May 2006)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Adam Ingram, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Charities Bill (Joint Committee) (29 Apr 2004 to 15 Sep 2004)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from