Alan Campbell’s voting in Parliament
Alan Campbell is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Alan Campbell’s votes.
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 48 votes against, 4 absences, between 2014–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 8 votes against, 1 absence, between 2003–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2013
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2004–2011
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2007–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alan Campbell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alan Campbell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alan Campbell has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
claimed to move the closure ( Standing Order No. 36). Question put forthwith, That the Question be now put. Question agreed to. Main Question put accordingly. Question agreed to.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, if he will direct the Oil and Gas Authority under the provisions of the Energy Act 2016 to investigate the financial viability of gas storage operations in the UK.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, if he will direct the Oil and Gas Authority under the provisions of the Energy Act 2016 in the public interest to consider the decision to close the Rough gas storage facility.
More of Alan Campbell’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Tynemouth
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Alan Campbell campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Work and Pensions
- North East
- Metal Theft
- North Tyneside LEA
- Speech Therapy
- North Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee of Selection (since 12 Sep 2017)
- Opposition Deputy Chief Whip (Commons) (since 8 Oct 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee of Selection (17 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee of Selection (13 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (Crime Reduction) (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (10 May 2006 to 8 Oct 2008)
- Government Whip (5 May 2006 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (19 Dec 2005 to 9 May 2006)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Adam Ingram, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Charities Bill (Joint Committee) (29 Apr 2004 to 15 Sep 2004)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
1 September 2017
, received £200 from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for a survey completed on 14 August 2017
. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 22 September 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: USDAW
Address of donor: 188 Wilmslow Road, Manchester M14 6LJ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 06 July 2017
Name of donor: GMB
Address of donor: 1 Mosley Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE1 1YE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 06 July 2017)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from