Karen Buck’s voting in Parliament
Karen Buck is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Karen Buck sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Karen Buck generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Karen Buck’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Karen Buck’s full vote analysis page for more.
Karen Buck has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
I am not going to even acknowledge that. I am grateful to the Minister for her positive comments, and I thank all Members who have made a contribution this morning. I thank my hon. Friends the Members for Hammersmith, for Eltham and for Plymouth, Sutton and Devonport, and the hon. Members for Harrow East and for Brighton, Pavilion. I agree with everything that Opposition Members have said...
I beg to move amendment 1, in clause 1, page 1, line 2, at end insert— “( ) In section 8 (implied terms as to fitness for human habitation)— (a) in the heading, after ‘habitation’ insert ‘: Wales’; (b) in subsection (1), after ‘house’, in the first place it occurs, insert ‘in Wales’.” This...
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship this morning, Mr Wilson. I am very grateful to the Minister and to everyone who spoke on Second Reading and who has agreed to serve on this Committee. The first group of amendments are broadly technical. With your permission, Mr Wilson, I will spend a minute or two setting them in the context of the Bill. I hope that that means we will not...
More of Karen Buck’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Westminster North
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Regent's Park and Kensington North
Topics of interest
Karen Buck campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Education and Skills
- Housing Benefit
- Social Rented Housing
- Social Security Benefits
- Children: Maintenance
Currently held offices
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (14 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (7 Oct 2011 to 16 Apr 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Chair, London Regional Select Committee (15 Dec 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, London Regional Select Committee (14 Dec 2009 to 15 Dec 2009)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (2 Nov 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (17 Jul 2006 to 14 Dec 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (10 May 2005 to 16 Mar 2006)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Committee of Selection (3 Dec 1998 to 5 Nov 2001)
- Member, Social Security Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Jun 2018.
Name of donor: APPG
on Population, Development and Reproductive Health
(with sponsorship from the European Parliamentary Forum on Population and Development)
Address of donor: House of Commons
, London SW1A 0AA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): International flights £588.89; internal flights £118; van hire £84; minicabs £39.15; hotels in Addis £267.20 and Axum £52.25; per diem £105; food and misc £137; visa £41.60; total £1,463.09
Destination of visit: Ethiopia (Addis Ababa
and refugee camp in Shire, Tigray Province)
Dates of visit: 5-11 November 2017
Purpose of visit: Ethiopian Study Tour concerning women's health.
(Registered 14 December 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from