Julian Brazier

MP, Canterbury

Canterbury Conservative

Julian Brazier campaigned to leave the European Union

Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.

Source: BBC

Julian Brazier’s voting in Parliament

Julian Brazier is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.

However, Julian Brazier sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:

  • Julian Brazier generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes

We have lots more plain English analysis of Julian Brazier’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julian Brazier’s full vote analysis page for more.

Julian Brazier has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.

Last updated: 8 Feb 2017

Recent appearances

  • Armed Forces: Historical Cases 23 Feb 2017

    I congratulate the Democratic Unionist party on their motion. I particularly congratulate the right hon. and gallant Member for Lagan Valley (Sir Jeffrey M. Donaldson), not only on his eloquent words but on his gallant service—along with several of his parliamentary colleagues—as a part-time member of the Ulster Defence Regiment, which was far the most dangerous regiment in the...
  • Armed Forces: Historical Cases 23 Feb 2017

    I am grateful to my hon. and gallant Friend. Many Conservative Members share the view that a transparent procedure to show that fresh evidence has emerged should be required for any case of this kind to be pursued. Let me now say something about the other aspect of the motion and about some of those other operations. The difference between the operation in Northern Ireland and the other...
  • Armed Forces: Historical Cases 23 Feb 2017

    Does my right hon. Friend, who is being most tolerant in taking interventions, accept that if 10% of the people who were killed were killed by the security forces—bearing in mind that the other 90% of killings were all murders—even if as many as one in 10 of the killings by the security forces were murder, which is exceptionally unlikely, the proportionate rate would be one in...

More of Julian Brazier’s recent appearances

RSS feed (?)

Profile

Conservative MP for Canterbury

Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election

Social Media

Expenses

Topics of interest

  • Transport
  • Home Department
  • Defence
  • Health
  • Environment Food and Rural Affairs
  • Navy: Reserve Forces
  • Correspondence
  • People Trafficking
  • Military Equipment
  • Non-Domestic Rates: Ports

Other offices held in the past

  • The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (15 Jul 2014 to 17 Jul 2016)
  • Member, Defence Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 3 Nov 2014)
  • Shadow Minister (Transport) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
  • Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Oct 2003 to 1 Jun 2005)
  • Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (1 Mar 2003 to 1 Oct 2003)
  • Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (1 Jun 2002 to 1 Jun 2003)
  • Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 2001 to 1 Jun 2002)
  • Member, Defence Committee (14 Jul 1998 to 11 May 2001)

Previous MPs in this constituency

Public bill committees (Sittings attended)

Numerology

Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this

Register of Members’ Interests

Last updated: 20 Feb 2017.

1. Employment and earnings
Royalty payments received from Endeavour Press, c/o Tattlebury House, Cranbrook Road, Goudhurst, Cranbrook TN17 1BT, via Sheil Land Associates Ltd, 52 Doughty Street, London WC1N 2LS, for an e-novel. Hours: impossible to estimate accurately. (Registered 12 August 2015)
4 July 2016, received £365.25. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 31 October 2016)
21 December 2016, received £1,122.37. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 11 January 2017)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Katharine Brazier, as part-time Executive Secretary.

View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register

More about the register

Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.

This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.