Julian Brazier campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Julian Brazier’s voting in Parliament
Julian Brazier is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Julian Brazier sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Julian Brazier generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julian Brazier’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julian Brazier’s full vote analysis page for more.
Julian Brazier has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I congratulate my right hon. Friend on her vision on religious and selective schools. May I shift the spotlight to STEM subjects—science, technology, engineering and maths? The Simon Langton boys school in my constituency has, for several years running, produced more than 1% of this country’s physics graduates. However, there is an even greater issue around maths. The blunt truth...
I welcome my right hon. Friend to his place, and especially welcome his stance on this matter. He may have to spread his net even wider than he thinks. Is he aware that Phil Shiner, who has made so much money out of this situation, is trying to conceal his ill-gotten gains by threatening those editors who are threatening to expose him with recourse to the Independent Press Standards...
Could I, too, welcome my right hon. Friend to her post and her determination to proceed with a British Bill of Rights? Could I urge her to remember that the cornerstone of the rule of law in this country has always been the sovereignty of Parliament? May I urge her not to listen to those who argue that getting rid of an Act that came 40 years after we signed up to the European convention on...
More of Julian Brazier’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Canterbury
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Navy: Reserve Forces
- People Trafficking
- Military Equipment
- Non-Domestic Rates: Ports
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (15 Jul 2014 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Defence Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 3 Nov 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Oct 2003 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (1 Mar 2003 to 1 Oct 2003)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (1 Jun 2002 to 1 Jun 2003)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 2001 to 1 Jun 2002)
- Member, Defence Committee (14 Jul 1998 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Julian Brazier’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.75% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 21 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 118 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Julian Brazier’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 706 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Sep 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Royalty payments received from Endeavour Press, c/o Tattlebury House, Cranbrook Road, Goudhurst, Cranbrook TN17 1BT, via Sheil Land Associates Ltd, 52 Doughty Street, London WC1N 2LS, for an e-novel. Hours: impossible to estimate accurately. (Registered 12 August 2015
4 January 2016
, received £247.78. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 26 January 2016)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from