Ben Bradshaw’s voting in Parliament
Ben Bradshaw is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Ben Bradshaw sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ben Bradshaw’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ben Bradshaw’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ben Bradshaw has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Thank you once again, Mr Sharma, for stepping into the breach, rushing over here to save this important debate. As I said at the beginning, the fact that the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Equalities is on the side of the angels has made my job a bit harder, because I could not be as rude about the Government as I would otherwise have been. I think he got the message on a number...
You can’t be old enough!
The hon. Lady just touched on an important point, which I omitted from my speech for time reasons. One of the great damages caused by section 28 at the time of the AIDS pandemic was that it prevented schools from giving vital public health information to young people about sexual relationships. That was probably the most heinous impact of it, because it had life and death consequences.
More of Ben Bradshaw’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Exeter
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
Ben Bradshaw campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department of Health
- Church Commissioners
- Home Office
- HIV Infection: Drugs
Currently held offices
- Member, Holocaust Memorial Bill Select Committee (since 20 Nov 2023)
- Member, Transport Committee (since 22 Feb 2021)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 4 Mar 2020)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Animals (Low-Welfare Activities Abroad) Bill Committee ( 1 Mar 2023 to 8 Mar 2023)
- Member, Equipment Theft (Prevention) Bill Committee (25 Jan 2023 to 1 Feb 2023)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (31 Oct 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (17 Sep 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport ( 5 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Regional Affairs) (South West) (29 Jun 2007 to 9 Jun 2009)
- The Minister of State, Department of Health (28 Jun 2007 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Minister of State (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Local Environment, Marine and Animal Welfare) (10 Nov 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Local Environment, Marine and Animal Welfare) (13 Jun 2003 to 10 Nov 2006)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Privy Council Office) (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (11 Jun 2001 to 28 May 2002)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (17 Nov 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (15 Jul 1997 to 17 Nov 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2023.
Name of donor: Humboldt University
Address of donor: Mohrenstraffe 60, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Accommodation with a value of £281 and received £170.01 on 6 March 2023 as reimbursement for flights, total value £451.01
Destination of visit: Berlin
Dates of visit: 2-5 November 2022
Purpose of visit: Attending and speaking at the BBC
Conference at the Centre for British Studies, Humboldt University.
(Registered 23 March 2023)
I am a member of the Humboldt Advisory Board, Humboldt University, Mohrenstraffe 60, 10117 Berlin. Where possible, I attend annual Advisory Board meetings in Berlin, the costs of which are met by the University. To date, these have been below the registrable threshold. (Registered 8 October 2013; updated 10 June 2014 and 19 October 2015)
Along with two other MPs, since 16 March 2022 I have been party to a legal challenge filed in the European Court of Human Rights
at Strasbourg - which was confirmed by the Court on 5 September 2022. The legal proceedings are funded through crowdfunding by For the Citizens Ltd (known as The Citizens
). Total costs incurred to date between the three MPs (and two other individuals), which will be capped under a fee agreement with our solicitors, are £28,536 (inc VAT
) (consisting of £3,570 counsel fees and £24,966 solicitors fees). (Registered 21 September 2022)
From 15 November 2022, a member of the advisory board of the Parthenon Project. This is an unpaid role. (Registered 08 December 2022)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)