Ben Bradshaw campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Ben Bradshaw’s voting in Parliament
Ben Bradshaw is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Ben Bradshaw sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Ben Bradshaw generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ben Bradshaw’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ben Bradshaw’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ben Bradshaw has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
It gives me great pleasure to follow the right hon. Member for Broxtowe (Anna Soubry), who has been incredibly brave and, as a result of her courage, has faced hideous threats. I am sure that the whole House will want to wish her a happy birthday. I shall try to focus my remarks on the motion and the Government amendment. I fully support Labour’s motion, but for the same reasons as my...
More of Ben Bradshaw’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Exeter
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health
- Culture Media and Sport
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Ministry of Justice
- Human Papillomavirus: Vaccination
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Health Committee (since 26 Oct 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (17 Sep 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (5 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Regional Affairs) (South West) (29 Jun 2007 to 9 Jun 2009)
- The Minister of State, Department of Health (28 Jun 2007 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Minister of State (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Local Environment, Marine and Animal Welfare) (10 Nov 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Local Environment, Marine and Animal Welfare) (13 Jun 2003 to 10 Nov 2006)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Privy Council Office) (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (11 Jun 2001 to 28 May 2002)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (17 Nov 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (15 Jul 1997 to 17 Nov 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 79 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Ben Bradshaw’s speeches
- Has received answers to 43 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.47% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 25 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 132 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ben Bradshaw’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 811 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Dec 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
2 February 2016
, received £200 from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square London E1W 1YW, for an opinion survey. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 09 February 2016)
I am a member of the Humboldt Advisory Board, Humboldt University, Mohrenstraffe 60, 10117 Berlin. Where possible, I attend annual Advisory Board meetings in Berlin, the costs of which are met by the University. To date, these have been below the registrable threshold. (Registered 8 October 2013
; updated 10 June 2014
and 19 October 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from