Peter Bottomley’s voting in Parliament
Peter Bottomley is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Peter Bottomley sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Peter Bottomley consistently voted against culling badgers to tackle bovine tuberculosis, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Peter Bottomley generally voted for a lower voting age, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Peter Bottomley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Peter Bottomley’s full vote analysis page for more.
Peter Bottomley has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
The UK is to leave the EU. That decision was taken two years ago. The question is whether we crash out or support the withdrawal agreement, to be followed by a period of transition and the future arrangements on trade and relationships. Assuming that we are not trying to reverse the referendum—I think there is no majority, either in the country or in the House, for that—the majority of us...
To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what material changes have been made to the 2015 National Holocaust Memorial and Learning Centre planning brief since its publication.
To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, which criteria (a) local authorities, (b) the Royal Parks and (c) his Department uses to assess applications to construct substantial buildings in (i) Royal Parks and (ii) world heritage sites.
More of Peter Bottomley’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Worthing West
Entered the House of Commons on 26 June 1975 — unknown
Also represented Eltham; Greenwich Woolwich West
Topics of interest
Peter Bottomley campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- House of Commons
- Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards
- Krishna Maharaj
- National Holocaust Memorial Centre and Learning Service
- Gurpal Virdi
- World War II: Genocide
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 31 Oct 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill (Commons) Committee (29 Apr 2014 to 22 Feb 2016)
- Member, Draft Defamation Bill (Joint Committee) (24 Mar 2011 to 12 Oct 2011)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (28 Jan 2003 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (31 Jan 2002 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) (17 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (25 Jun 1997 to 4 Mar 2002)
- Member, Transport Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office) (4 Jul 1989 to 28 Jul 1990)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (23 Jan 1986 to 24 Jul 1989)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Employment) (11 Sep 1984 to 23 Jan 1986)
- Member, Overseas Development Committee (1 Nov 1978 to 4 Apr 1979)
- Member, Violence in the Family Committee (8 Mar 1976 to 25 May 1977)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Jan 2019.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Worthing: (i). (Registered 04 June 2015)
Cottage in Waverley: (i). (Registered 04 June 2015)
House in Westminster: (i). (Registered 04 June 2015)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
(Worthing) Ltd, management of residential property. The company holds the freehold of six flats. (Registered 03 December 2018)
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
Streetbook Ltd; an internet community communications company. (Updated 4 June 2015)
Unpaid director of Grosvenor House (Worthing) Ltd, a company which holds the freehold of six flats. (Registered 06 November 2018)
Chairman of Trustees for the Revd Dr Busby’s Trustees (Willen) Main Charity Ltd, which supports clergy and their families in two dioceses. (Registered 03 December 2018)
Member of the Court of the Drapers Company
and a trustee for its charitable activity and assets, together with shared responsibility for other assets and activity. (Registered 03 December 2018)
Unpaid director of PbandvbLtd; no activity since incorporation on 11 January 2012. (Registered 03 December 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)