A selection of Bob Blizzard's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for more EU integration Show votes
35 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2006–2009
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2004–2010
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 1999–2007
Almost always voted for university tuition fees Show votes
9 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 1997–2004
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
We have lots more plain English analysis of Bob Blizzard’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Bob Blizzard’s full vote analysis page for more.
On a point of order, Mr. Atkinson. I commend you on your five and a half hour-plus stint today.
On a point of order, Mr. Atkinson. Thank you for that announcement. We had an agreement to finish clause 90 and the corresponding schedule today. I think the mood of the Committee is that it would be better if we could finish it without adjourning, so I hope that we can have a common purpose and move that way. Would you permit us, if necessary to go a little beyond 4 o’clock in order to...
His daughter has broken her arm, and he has given me his apologies.
More of Bob Blizzard’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Waveney
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Trade and Industry
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Choice and Plurality Policies
- Oil and Gas Industry (Taxation)
- Oil Tax
- Fishing Communities
Other offices held in the past
- Government Whip (6 Oct 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (28 Jun 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Douglas Alexander, Secretary of State), Scotland Office (27 Jun 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Douglas Alexander, Secretary of State), Department for Transport (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Mr Douglas Alexander, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Bob Blizzard’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 214 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from