Paul Beresford’s voting in Parliament
Paul Beresford is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Paul Beresford’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
5 votes for, 10 votes against, between 1997–2016
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2010–2016
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
8 votes for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2008–2016
Almost always voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
14 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2012–2014
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2004–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Paul Beresford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Paul Beresford’s full vote analysis page for more.
Paul Beresford has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
As Chairman of the Administration Committee, may I support all the thanks that have been made to the staff, as they were fantastic yesterday. We will mop up and follow up afterwards. Coming back to business as usual, may I anticipate that we will have a motion on the restoration and renewal of the Palace? When it arrives, may I ask that it is a full-day debate, and that it is held on a day...
I thank my right hon. Friend for her statement, and I wonder whether she could extend this update geographically. I have an interest in a potentially large humanitarian action project going into Libya, so it would be of considerable interest to me if she could, either verbally now or in writing later, give me an update on the action being taken to remove Daesh and its fellow travellers from...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how much NHS England spent on special care dentistry in the most recent financial year for which figures are available.
More of Paul Beresford’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mole Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Croydon Central
Topics of interest
Paul Beresford campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Written Questions
- Non-domestic Rates: Garages and Petrol Stations
- Dental Services
- CJD: Disease Control
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee on Privileges (since 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (since 9 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Administration Committee (since 21 Jul 2015)
- Member, House of Commons Commission (since 9 Jul 2015)
- Member, Members Estimate Committee (since 9 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 21 Jul 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Transport, Local Government & The Regions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Transport Sub-committee (19 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs Committee (13 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (13 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Environment) (20 Jul 1994 to 2 May 1997)
- Member, Education Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 27 Oct 1994)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Employed as part-time dental surgeon for Beresford Dental Practice Limited, 207 Upper Richmond Road, SW15 6SQ. From March 2016
until further notice I will receive drawings of £250 a month for an expected commitment of up to 300 hours a year. (Updated 22 February 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Private accommodation and surgery, London: (i).
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from