Paul Beresford’s voting in Parliament
Paul Beresford is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Paul Beresford’s votes.
Generally voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 7 votes against, 3 absences, between 1999–2016
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
21 votes for, 71 votes against, 17 absences, between 2008–2018
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2004–2011
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, in 2013
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
9 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
49 votes for, 0 votes against, 5 absences, between 2012–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Paul Beresford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Paul Beresford’s full vote analysis page for more.
Paul Beresford has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
I congratulate my right hon. Friend and completely support this decision, which has been a very long time coming. There will be efforts to try to delay the process, and he has mentioned the possibility of judicial reviews. What assurance can he give me that he and the Government will be absolutely behind this project, to overcome the hurdles and ensure that we meet the programme? The European...
I congratulate the hon. Member for Wakefield (Mary Creagh) on securing this debate. Incidentally, all the chopsticks that are used in my home are reusable and washed, and most have been going for around 30 years. This debate is overdue; I say that having read some years ago about the difficulties they have had with rubbish on Mount Everest. There was a report last week about a plastic bag...
I am delighted to follow my hon. Friend the Member for Southampton, Itchen (Royston Smith). I can offer him the name of an extremely competent hypnotherapist who will help him through his flight problems, if he would like. With a special word, she will keep her fee to about half of the normal one. I support the Bill for all the positive reasons that everyone has given, but I have an...
More of Paul Beresford’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mole Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Croydon Central
Topics of interest
Paul Beresford campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Written Questions
- Dental Services
- Non-Domestic Rates: Garages and Petrol Stations
- CJD: Disease Control
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Chair, Administration Committee (since 6 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (30 Oct 2017 to 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee on Standards (9 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Administration Committee (21 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 21 Jul 2015)
- Member, Members Estimate Committee (9 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, House of Commons Commission (9 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Transport, Local Government & The Regions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Transport Sub-committee (19 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs Committee (13 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (13 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Environment) (20 Jul 1994 to 2 May 1997)
- Member, Education Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 27 Oct 1994)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Jun 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Employed as part-time dental surgeon for Beresford Dental Practice Limited, 207 Upper Richmond Road, SW15 6SQ. From 22 August 2017
until further notice I will receive drawings of £500 a month for an expected commitment of up to 300 hours a year. (Updated 22 February 2016
and 22 August 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Private accommodation and surgery, London: (i).
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from