Paul Beresford campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Paul Beresford’s voting in Parliament
Paul Beresford is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Paul Beresford’s votes.
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Generally voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Paul Beresford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Paul Beresford’s full vote analysis page for more.
Paul Beresford has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I am a little worried that the Minister appears to accept that surgical procedures are as good as they can be, given that the Department is inviting research to find a RelyOn equivalent in order to improve the situation. The Department must therefore see a flaw in what we have at present.
More of Paul Beresford’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mole Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Croydon Central
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Written Questions
- Non-domestic Rates: Garages and Petrol Stations
- Dental Services
- CJD: Disease Control
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee on Privileges (since 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (since 9 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Administration Committee (since 21 Jul 2015)
- Member, House of Commons Commission (since 9 Jul 2015)
- Member, Members Estimate Committee (since 9 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 21 Jul 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Transport, Local Government & The Regions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Transport Sub-committee (19 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs Committee (13 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (13 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Environment) (20 Jul 1994 to 2 May 1997)
- Member, Education Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 27 Oct 1994)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 21 Nov 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Employed as part-time dental surgeon for Beresford Dental Practice Limited, 207 Upper Richmond Road, SW15 6SQ:
Fees paid to Beresford Dental Practice for 2014-15 gave net profits of £21,375 after deductions for costs incurred. NB
This figure includes payments from Lockton Insurance
. I made no drawings from the practice in 2014-15. Hours: up to 300 hours. (Registered 16 February 2016
22 February 2016, drawings of £2,500 in respect of the period April 2015
to February 2016. Hours: approx. 200 hrs. (Registered 22 February 2016)
From March 2016 until further notice I will receive drawings of £250 a month in respect of my work as a part time dental surgeon, for an expected commitment of up to 300 hours a year. (Registered 22 February 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Private accommodation and surgery, London: (i).
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from