Paul Beresford’s voting in Parliament
Paul Beresford is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Paul Beresford’s votes.
Generally voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 7 votes against, 3 absences, between 1999–2016
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
9 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
21 votes for, 63 votes against, 17 absences, between 2008–2017
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
20 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2015
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 15 votes against, between 2011–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Paul Beresford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Paul Beresford’s full vote analysis page for more.
Paul Beresford has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
I certainly agree with the parting shot that I heard from my hon. Friend the Member for North Swindon (Justin Tomlinson). I am tiptoeing into this debate from a position of enthusiasm but not very much knowledge. I am learning quietly and quickly, and have been for some weeks. I am very aware of the Bill’s importance, but also, as others have said, of having a spaceport—or two....
I cannot follow the hon. Member for Keighley (John Grogan) on anything except, of course, wishing everyone a merry Christmas. The trouble is that his sporting interest has a round ball, whereas I prefer the one that is slightly tweaked at the ends, and most of the teams I support wear black only. I wish to raise just one issue, which is, unfashionably, a men’s issue. It is well known...
More of Paul Beresford’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mole Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Croydon Central
Topics of interest
Paul Beresford campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Written Questions
- Dental Services
- Non-Domestic Rates: Garages and Petrol Stations
- CJD: Disease Control
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Chair, Administration Committee (since 6 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (30 Oct 2017 to 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee on Standards (9 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Administration Committee (21 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 21 Jul 2015)
- Member, Members Estimate Committee (9 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, House of Commons Commission (9 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Transport, Local Government & The Regions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Transport Sub-committee (19 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs Committee (13 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (13 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Environment) (20 Jul 1994 to 2 May 1997)
- Member, Education Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 27 Oct 1994)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Jan 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Employed as part-time dental surgeon for Beresford Dental Practice Limited, 207 Upper Richmond Road, SW15 6SQ. From 22 August 2017
until further notice I will receive drawings of £500 a month for an expected commitment of up to 300 hours a year. (Updated 22 February 2016
and 22 August 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Private accommodation and surgery, London: (i).
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from