Paul Beresford’s voting in Parliament
Paul Beresford is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Paul Beresford’s votes.
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
20 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2015
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2004–2011
Generally voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2017
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
9 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2007–2016
Generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 7 votes against, 2 absences, between 2003–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Paul Beresford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Paul Beresford’s full vote analysis page for more.
Paul Beresford has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
As a member of the Commission and, for some time, a member of the Committee on Standards, I support the motion. I endorse the positive comments about Kathryn Hudson, who worked extremely hard. She arrived at a difficult time, when the Standards Committee first had lay members; there was a steep learning curve for the lay people and for Kathryn Hudson. She faced problems because every time she...
Will my right hon. Friend consider a debate on electoral fraud, including double voting? Understandably, all MPs have a personal interest in this, especially if their constituency is a marginal one. I realise that the Electoral Commission watches us carefully, but such a debate just might concentrate minds a little.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment his Department has made of the utility of the information provided by the Adult Dental Health Survey in assessing and planning for oral health needs both nationally and locally.
More of Paul Beresford’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mole Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Croydon Central
Topics of interest
Paul Beresford campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Written Questions
- Dental Services
- Non-domestic Rates: Garages and Petrol Stations
- CJD: Disease Control
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee on Standards (9 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Administration Committee (21 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 21 Jul 2015)
- Member, Members Estimate Committee (9 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, House of Commons Commission (9 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Transport, Local Government & The Regions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Transport Sub-committee (19 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs Committee (13 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (13 Dec 2000 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Procedure Committee (31 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Environment) (20 Jul 1994 to 2 May 1997)
- Member, Education Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 27 Oct 1994)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 31 Jul 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Employed as part-time dental surgeon for Beresford Dental Practice Limited, 207 Upper Richmond Road, SW15 6SQ. From March 2016
until further notice I will receive drawings of £250 a month for an expected commitment of up to 300 hours a year. (Updated 22 February 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Private accommodation and surgery, London: (i).
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from