A selection of Anne Begg's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anne Begg’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anne Begg’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, if he will make it his policy, in respect of past interim maintenance assessments, that only that proportion of resultant child maintenance arrears which is deemed to be collectable will be transferred to the Child Maintenance Service.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, with reference to his Department's 2013 Impact Assessment No. DWP0031, if he will provide a detailed breakdown of the (a) £123 million estimated cost of caseworker activity related to Child Support Agency (CSA) case arrears as part of the CSA case closure programme and (b) £20 million estimated cost of setting up areas on the...
What are the Government doing to encourage the offshore sector to co-operate and to have common standards as a better way of reducing costs in the supply chain than laying off the very people we will need when, I hope, things in the North sea begin to pick up again?
More of Anne Begg’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Aberdeen South
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Trade and Industry
- Children: Maintenance
- Child Maintenance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Universal Credit
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Work and Pensions Committee (10 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Disability Discrimination Bill (Joint Committee) (15 Jan 2004 to 27 May 2004)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 10 Jun 2010)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (26 Jun 2001 to 10 Jan 2011)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Postal Services Bill Committee (1 out of 21)
- Chairman, Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Chairman, Green Energy (Definition and Promotion) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Sale of Student Loans Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Chairman, Mental Health Bill Committee (2 out of 12)
- Chairman, Commons Bill Committee (2 out of 4)
- Chairman, Transport (Wales) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Chairman, NHS Redress Bill Committee (3 out of 3)
- Chairman, National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (0 out of 4)
- Age-Related Payments Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Chairman, Traffic Management Bill Committee (5 out of 9)
- Chairman, Waste and Emissions Trading Bill Committee (1 out of 8)
- Chairman, Extradition Bill Committee (4 out of 9)
- Chairman, Municipal Waste Recycling Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, National Minimum Wage (Enforcement Notices) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Bill Committee (2 out of 7)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Anne Begg’s speeches
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 37 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 54 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 373 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from