Kevin Barron campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Kevin Barron’s voting in Parliament
Kevin Barron is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Kevin Barron sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kevin Barron generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kevin Barron’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kevin Barron’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kevin Barron has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I should declare my interest as chairman of the all-party group on pharmacy. I do not want to speculate about closures, as that has been done already, but if we get to a point where it might make sense for pharmacies to merge in different communities, my understanding is that the regulations are not yet in place for that. Is that true, and, if that is needed, when will it happen?
I declare an interest as the chair the all-party pharmacy group. In February this year, the Minister’s predecessor, the right hon. Member for North East Bedfordshire (Alistair Burt), said there would be an impact assessment. In answer to a parliamentary question I tabled last week and the Minister answered, you also said that an impact assessment will be published, so that it would...
Will e-cigarettes, or vaping, be in the new tobacco strategy?
More of Kevin Barron’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Rother Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Pharmacy: Negligence
- NHS: Drugs
Currently held offices
- Chair, Committee on Privileges (since 4 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (since 18 Jun 2015)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (since 18 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 4 Nov 2015)
- Chair, Committee on Privileges (15 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (15 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 15 Jan 2013)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 15 Jan 2013)
- Chair, Standards and Privileges Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (27 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Health Committee (18 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 18 Jul 2005)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jul 2010)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (11 Jul 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (1 Jun 1997 to 17 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Jan 1995 to 1 Jan 1998)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jan 1993 to 31 Dec 1995)
- Member, Environment Committee (26 Oct 1992 to 13 Dec 1994)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (1 Jan 1988 to 1 Jan 1993)
- Member, Energy Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 26 Feb 1986)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Kevin Barron’s speeches
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.32% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 99 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kevin Barron’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 712 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from