Kevin Barron’s voting in Parliament
Kevin Barron is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Kevin Barron sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kevin Barron generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Kevin Barron generally voted against UK membership of the EU, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kevin Barron’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kevin Barron’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kevin Barron has quite often rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Sir David. I thank my hon. Friend the Member for Halifax (Holly Lynch) for securing the debate. I have a non-financial interest to declare: I chair the all-party group on pharmacy. Community pharmacies play a major role in supporting the prevention agenda, which is a key development in the NHS long-term plan. As an integral part of the NHS,...
The Minister will know that expenditure on smoking cessation programmes has fallen rapidly in the past few years. I promoted a ten-minute rule Bill to put a levy on tobacco companies to fund smoking cessation programmes and research into less harmful products. The greatest problem we have had for many years—this is anecdotal at the moment—is that products such as patches and gums cannot...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what the current balance of the pharmacy integration fund is; and what initiatives have been supported by that fund since its inception.
More of Kevin Barron’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Rother Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Topics of interest
Kevin Barron campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department of Health
- Trade and Industry
- Pharmacy: Negligence
- Health Services
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (since 12 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Privileges (23 Oct 2018 to 25 Feb 2019)
- Chair, Committee on Privileges (21 Nov 2017 to 23 Oct 2018)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (6 Nov 2017 to 23 Oct 2018)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (26 Oct 2017 to 21 Nov 2017)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (12 Jul 2017 to 15 Oct 2018)
- Chair, Committee on Privileges (4 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 4 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Committee on Privileges (15 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (15 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 15 Jan 2013)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 15 Jan 2013)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (27 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Standards and Privileges Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Chair, Health and Social Care Committee (18 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jul 2010)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 18 Jul 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (11 Jul 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (1 Jun 1997 to 17 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Jan 1995 to 1 Jan 1998)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jan 1993 to 31 Dec 1995)
- Member, Environment Committee (26 Oct 1992 to 13 Dec 1994)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (1 Jan 1988 to 1 Jan 1993)
- Member, Energy Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 26 Feb 1986)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Sep 2019.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
My wife, Lady Andrée Deane Barron, is a freelance public affairs consultant. (Registered 01 November 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)