Kevin Barron’s voting in Parliament
Kevin Barron is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Kevin Barron sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kevin Barron generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kevin Barron’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kevin Barron’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kevin Barron has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what assessment he has made of the take-up of the new enhanced influenza vaccine for the over-65s by (i) GPs and (ii) pharmacies in the 2017-18 and 2018-19 influenza seasons.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what plans he has to encourage the take-up of the new enhanced influenza vaccine for the over-65s for the 2018-19 influenza season with GPs and pharmacies.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what discussions he has had with representatives from (a) GPs, (b) patient organisations and (c) manufacturers on the availability of the new enhanced influenza vaccine for the over-65s for the 2017-18 and the 2018-19 season.
More of Kevin Barron’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Rother Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Topics of interest
Kevin Barron campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Trade and Industry
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Health Services
- Pharmacy: Negligence
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (since 26 Oct 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (since 12 Jul 2017)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (since 12 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Committee on Privileges (4 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 4 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Committee on Privileges (15 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (15 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 15 Jan 2013)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 15 Jan 2013)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (27 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Standards and Privileges Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Chair, Health Committee (18 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jul 2010)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 18 Jul 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (11 Jul 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (1 Jun 1997 to 17 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Jan 1995 to 1 Jan 1998)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jan 1993 to 31 Dec 1995)
- Member, Environment Committee (26 Oct 1992 to 13 Dec 1994)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (1 Jan 1988 to 1 Jan 1993)
- Member, Energy Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 26 Feb 1986)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Kevin Barron’s speeches
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.56% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 86 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kevin Barron’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 730 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Jan 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Hargreaves Services plc
Address of donor: West Terrace, Esh Winning, Durham DH7 9PT
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: invitation to the theatre, including overnight hotel accommodation for myself and my wife, total value £600
Date received: 8 April 2017
Date accepted: 8 April 2017
Donor status: company, registration 4952865
(Registered 18 April 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from