Kevin Barron’s voting in Parliament
Kevin Barron is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Kevin Barron sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kevin Barron generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kevin Barron’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kevin Barron’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kevin Barron has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps he is taking to ensure that the UK takes a global leadership role in tackling antimicrobial resistance.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps his Department is taking with the Treasury to implement value-based healthcare into plans for health and social care services.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, whether it is his Department’s policy that commissioners can consider the full (a) economic, (b) social and (c) population health value of a health service intervention and not only its acquisition cost when making a commissioning decision; and what guidance his Department has issued to support such decision making.
More of Kevin Barron’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Rother Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Topics of interest
Kevin Barron campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Trade and Industry
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Pharmacy: Negligence
- Health Services
Currently held offices
- Chair, Committee on Privileges (since 21 Nov 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (since 12 Jul 2017)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (since 12 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Privileges (26 Oct 2017 to 21 Nov 2017)
- Chair, Committee on Privileges (4 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 4 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Committee on Privileges (15 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (15 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 15 Jan 2013)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 15 Jan 2013)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (27 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Standards and Privileges Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Chair, Health and Social Care Committee (18 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jul 2010)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 18 Jul 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (11 Jul 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (1 Jun 1997 to 17 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Jan 1995 to 1 Jan 1998)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jan 1993 to 31 Dec 1995)
- Member, Environment Committee (26 Oct 1992 to 13 Dec 1994)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (1 Jan 1988 to 1 Jan 1993)
- Member, Energy Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 26 Feb 1986)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Kevin Barron’s speeches
- Has received answers to 24 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 84 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kevin Barron’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 735 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Jun 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The Football Foundation
Address of donor: Whittington House, 19-30 Alfred Pl, London WC1E 7EA
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Ticket to attend a football match at Wembley on 27 March 2018
, and associated hospitality; total value £500
Date received: 27 March 2018
Date accepted: 27 March 2018
Donor status: company, number 03876305
(Registered 24 April 2018
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Sigma Pharmaceuticals
Address of donor: Unit 1
-7 Colonial Way, PO
Box 233, Watford WD24 4YR
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation for myself at an estimated value of £2,820
Destination of visit: Borneo
Dates of visit: 11-13 February 2018
Purpose of visit: To attend the two day conference and to deliver a key note speech (including Q & A session) as Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Pharmacy Group.
(Registered 26 February 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from