Kevin Barron’s voting in Parliament
Kevin Barron is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Kevin Barron sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kevin Barron generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kevin Barron’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kevin Barron’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
May I congratulate the hon. Member for Colchester (Will Quince) on securing the debate? As an officer of the all-party group on smoking and health, I must congratulate him on the length of time that he has for this debate. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that we would get more than a one-and-a-half hour debate in Westminster Hall for such a matter. The hon. Gentleman rightly...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps are being taken by (a) his Department, (b) the Medical and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency and (c) Public Health England to encourage research into the use of e-cigarettes.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, with reference to the oral contribution of Lord Prior of Brampton of 4 July 2016, House of Lords, Official Report, column 1828, on Public Health England being commissioned to update its evidence report on e-cigarettes annually until the end of the current Parliament, when Public Health England plans to publish its next evidence report.
More of Kevin Barron’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Rother Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Topics of interest
Kevin Barron campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Trade and Industry
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Pharmacy: Negligence
- NHS: Drugs
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Committee on Privileges (4 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 4 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Committee on Privileges (15 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (15 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 15 Jan 2013)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 15 Jan 2013)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (27 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Standards and Privileges Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Chair, Health Committee (18 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jul 2010)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 18 Jul 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (11 Jul 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (1 Jun 1997 to 17 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Jan 1995 to 1 Jan 1998)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jan 1993 to 31 Dec 1995)
- Member, Environment Committee (26 Oct 1992 to 13 Dec 1994)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (1 Jan 1988 to 1 Jan 1993)
- Member, Energy Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 26 Feb 1986)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Hargreaves Services plc
Address of donor: West Terrace, Esh Winning, Durham DH7 9PT
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: invitation to the theatre, including overnight hotel accommodation for myself and my wife, total value £600
Date received: 8 April 2017
Date accepted: 8 April 2017
Donor status: company, registration 4952865
(Registered 18 April 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from