Kevin Barron campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Kevin Barron’s voting in Parliament
Kevin Barron is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Kevin Barron’s votes.
Almost always voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kevin Barron’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kevin Barron’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kevin Barron has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the (a) extent of the implementation of the Making Every Contact Count initiative by clinical commissioning groups and local authorities and (b) adequacy of training provided to staff to equip them to provide consistent self-care messages during consultations; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will adopt the recommendations of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Primary Care and Public Health in its Inquiry Report into NHS England's Five Year Forward View: behaviour change, information and signposting, published in March 2016, that reports of self-care pilots and evidence-based initiatives in the NHS should be sent to the Self Care...
Given that the access scheme could potentially alter the situation for community pharmacies, will the Minister consider more money than was originally proposed for community pharmacy budgets to stop any shock from the cuts we are expecting later this financial year?
More of Kevin Barron’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Rother Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Pharmacy: Negligence
- NHS: Drugs
Currently held offices
- Chair, Committee on Privileges (since 4 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (since 18 Jun 2015)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (since 18 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 4 Nov 2015)
- Chair, Committee on Privileges (15 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Committee on Standards (15 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 15 Jan 2013)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 15 Jan 2013)
- Chair, Standards and Privileges Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (27 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Health Committee (18 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 18 Jul 2005)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 27 Jul 2010)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (11 Jul 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (1 Jun 1997 to 17 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Jan 1995 to 1 Jan 1998)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jan 1993 to 31 Dec 1995)
- Member, Environment Committee (26 Oct 1992 to 13 Dec 1994)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (1 Jan 1988 to 1 Jan 1993)
- Member, Energy Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 26 Feb 1986)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Kevin Barron’s speeches
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.40% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 100 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kevin Barron’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 710 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from