A selection of John Austin's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of John Austin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit John Austin’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health if he will issue guidance to primary care trusts implementing local enhanced services on incentives for primary care health professionals to identify and treat men and women over the age of 50 with (a) osteoporosis and (b) a history of fragility fractures.
To ask the Prime Minister what further consideration he has given to the matters raised in the letters from the hon. Member for Erith and Thamesmead of 15 April, 28 May and 8 December 2009 on the treatment of compensation payments and calculation of benefits in respect of service personnel killed in action.
To ask the Minister of State, Department for Transport what assessment he has made of the value for money of operating rail passenger services under public ownership; and if he will make a statement.
More of John Austin’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Erith and Thamesmead
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Also represented Woolwich
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Dartford Crossing
- Bujagali Dam (Uganda)
- National Offender Management Service
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (7 Nov 2007 to 8 Dec 2009)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Health Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 1 Nov 2005)
- Member, Health Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all John Austin’s speeches
- Has received answers to 13 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 57.76% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 20–21 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 118 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from