A selection of Charlotte Atkins's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2004–2010
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, between 2003–2007
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 1997–2004
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
Almost always voted for more EU integration Show votes
31 votes for, 0 votes against, 11 absences, between 2006–2009
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
3 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 1999–2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Charlotte Atkins’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Charlotte Atkins’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Minister for the Olympics what the cost was of building the freight facility at the main Olympic site.
To ask the Minister for the Olympics how much freight is planned to be transferred by water to the main Olympic site in each of the next 12 months.
To ask the Minister for the Olympics what plans she has for development of the wharf at the main Olympic site.
More of Charlotte Atkins’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Staffordshire Moorlands
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Education and Skills
- Olympic Games 2012: Construction
- Inland Waterways: Repairs and Maintenance
- Portland Cement
- Burton Independent Sector Treatment Centre
- Office of Fair Trading
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance & Services Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 24 Jan 2006)
- Member, Health Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Transport (10 Sep 2004 to 11 May 2005)
- Assistant Whip (14 Oct 2002 to 11 May 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Charlotte Atkins’s speeches
- Has received answers to 21 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 50 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 136 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from