Graham Allen campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Graham Allen’s voting in Parliament
Graham Allen is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Graham Allen sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Graham Allen almost always voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
Graham Allen generally voted for fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
Graham Allen generally voted for university tuition fees, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Graham Allen’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Graham Allen’s full vote analysis page for more.
Graham Allen has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, for what reasons there is a difference between the 30-day and the 42-day limit for HM Revenue and Customs and Concentrix to reply to mandatory reconsideration requests.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, with reference to the Answer of 12 January 2016 to Question 21278, what differentiates the types of tax credit claim adjustment cases worked by Concentrix and by HM Revenue and Customs.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, how many tax credit claims have been stopped as a result of checks by Concentrix since the beginning of its contract with his Department; and what the total saving was to the public purse resulting from the stopping of such claims.
More of Graham Allen’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Nottingham North
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Prime Minister
- Education and Skills
- Pre-legislative Scrutiny
- Focus Group Research
- Work Placements
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Political and Constitutional Reform Committee (10 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (10 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (20 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (13 Dec 2000 to 11 May 2001)
- Vice-Chamberlain (HM Household) (28 Jul 1998 to 7 Jun 2001)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (8 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jan 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (1 Jan 1995 to 1 Jan 1996)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (1 Jan 1994 to 1 Jan 1995)
- Shadow Minister (Constitutional Affairs) (1 Jan 1992 to 1 Jan 1994)
- Shadow Minister (Social Security) (1 Jan 1991 to 1 Jan 1992)
- Member, Procedure Committee (8 Dec 1989 to 5 Dec 1991)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (27 Jan 1988 to 17 Apr 1991)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (20 Nov 1987 to 6 Dec 1991)
- Member, Members' Interests Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 15 Dec 1989)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from