As a result of COVID-19, some MPs have been less able to vote in Parliament, and this will be reflected in their voting record.
Show more detail
- 11th May to 2nd June 2020
All MPs could vote remotely through an online voting tool. Votes cast remotely are shown as normal on the TheyWorkForYou voting record.
- 2nd to 9th June 2020
The option of online voting was removed, and a number of MPs may have been unable to vote because they were not physically able to attend.
- 10th June 2020 onwards
The requirements on proxy voting were relaxed, allowing MPs to designate another MP to cast a vote on their behalf.
If an MP votes by proxy, it is effectively exactly the same as if they cast the vote in person and it shows up on their TheyWorkForYou voting record.
MPs are not required to designate a proxy, and may instead pair with an opposing MP to miss a vote. Parliament does not record when two MPs have come to a pairing arrangement, so on TheyWorkForYou, they will both appear to have been absent for the vote.
We will update this information if the situation changes. See more detail on votes during the COVID-19 period here.
A selection of Graham Allen's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 4 votes against, 7 absences, between 2013–2016
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
11 votes for, 4 votes against, between 1997–2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
57 votes for, 9 votes against, 25 absences, between 2006–2017
Voted a mixture of for and against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2007–2016
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 19 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2015
We have lots more plain English analysis of Graham Allen’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Graham Allen’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, with reference to her speech in Tallinn of 21 February 2017, what estimate she has made of the number of immigrants that will be needed in order to maintain the economic performance of the UK after leaving the EU.
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, when the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Civil Society plans to amend section 10 of the Charities Act 2011 to define ecclesiastical corporations as charities.
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, pursuant to the Answers of 2 March 2017 to Questions 65453, 65456 and 65480, what criteria the Government uses to determine which factors to test for their effects on voter turn out.
More of Graham Allen’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Nottingham North
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Graham Allen campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Prime Minister
- Education and Skills
- Pre-legislative Scrutiny
- Focus Group Research
- Work Placements
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (10 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Political and Constitutional Reform Committee (10 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (20 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (13 Dec 2000 to 11 May 2001)
- Vice-Chamberlain (HM Household) (28 Jul 1998 to 7 Jun 2001)
- Government Whip (8 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Jan 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (1 Jan 1995 to 1 Jan 1996)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (1 Jan 1994 to 1 Jan 1995)
- Shadow Minister (Constitutional Affairs) (1 Jan 1992 to 1 Jan 1994)
- Shadow Minister (Social Security) (1 Jan 1991 to 1 Jan 1992)
- Member, Procedure Committee (8 Dec 1989 to 5 Dec 1991)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (27 Jan 1988 to 17 Apr 1991)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (20 Nov 1987 to 6 Dec 1991)
- Member, Members' Interests Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 15 Dec 1989)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
I am unremunerated Founding Chair of trustees of the Early Intervention
Foundation, a registered Charity. (Registered 12 December 2012; updated 22 October 2014)
I am unremunerated Chair of the Rebalancing the Outer Estates Foundation, a registered charity. (Registered 22 October 2014; updated 13 May 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from