A selection of Naomi Long's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, 4 absences, between 2013–2014
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2015
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 8 votes against, 11 absences, between 2010–2013
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2012
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2010–2011
Generally voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 11 absences, between 2011–2014
We have lots more plain English analysis of Naomi Long’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Naomi Long’s full vote analysis page for more.
Will the Minister give way?
The Minister said that you cannot have it both ways, but you can. You can contrast the pace of change in February 2016, when the scheme closed and nothing appeared to happen, with the period since the 'Nolan Live' broadcast and the 'Spotlight' show, when suddenly there was a frenzy of activity to address the underspend. Members can have it both ways, because on one you dragged your heels...
I thank the Member for giving way. One of the most frustrating elements of this — I am sure the Member will agree — has been the complete inability for people to accept that, while there may be no evidence that the Minister did something that was inappropriate and wrong, there is every evidence, given that this scheme went through, that the Minister did not do what was required...
More of Naomi Long’s recent appearances
Former Alliance MLA for Belfast East, Former Alliance MP for Belfast East
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 26 November 2003 — General election
Left the Assembly on 26 January 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Northern Ireland
- Home Department
- Developing Countries: Water
- Religious Freedom
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (11 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Naomi Long’s speeches
- Has received answers to 63 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 57 people are tracking this MLA
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 163 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from