UCAS End of Cycle Report 2019 - Question

Part of the debate – in the House of Lords at 12:52 pm on 8th September 2020.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord McColl of Dulwich Lord McColl of Dulwich Conservative 12:52 pm, 8th September 2020

My Lords, does the Minister recognise Professor Jon Rasbash’s research at Bristol University, which found that only 20% of attainment is attributable to school-level factors? The remaining 80% is due to pupil-level factors, half of which, he says, are “family effects”. What is the Government’s response to his suggestion that policies targeted at the family level may provide an effective means of improving pupils’ progress?