moved Amendment No. 23:
After Clause 7, insert the following new clause—
(1) This section applies where a local housing authority decide to take one of the kinds of enforcement action mentioned in section 5(2) or 7(2) ("the relevant action").
(2) The authority must prepare a statement of the reasons for their decision to take the relevant action.
(3) Those reasons must include the reasons why the authority decided to take the relevant action rather than any other kind (or kinds) of enforcement action available to them under the provisions mentioned in section 5(2) or 7(2).
(4) A copy of the statement prepared under subsection (2) must accompany every notice, copy of a notice, or copy of an order which is served in accordance with—
(b) Part 1 of Schedule 2 to this Act (service of copies of prohibition orders etc.), or
(c) section 268 of the Housing Act 1985 (service of copies of demolition orders), in or in connection with the taking of the relevant action.
(5) In subsection (4)—
(a) the reference to Part 1 of Schedule 1 to this Act includes a reference to that Part as applied by section 27(7) or 28(7) (hazard awareness notices) or to section 39(7) (emergency remedial action); and
(b) the reference to Part 1 of Schedule 2 to this Act includes a reference to that Part as applied by section 42(4) (emergency prohibition orders).
(6) If the relevant action consists of declaring an area to be a clearance area, the statement prepared under subsection (2) must be published—
(a) as soon as possible after the relevant resolution is passed under section 289 of the Housing Act 1985, and
(b) in such manner as the authority consider appropriate."