(1) In the Finance Act 2003, Part 4 (stamp duty land tax) is amended in accordance with paragraphs (2) to (5).
(2) After section 75 insert—
“Increased rates for non-resident transactions
75ZA Increased rates for non-resident transactions
(1) In its application for the purpose of determining the amount of tax chargeable in respect of a chargeable transaction that is a non-resident transaction, this Part has effect as if 2% were added to each rate specified in the rate-specifying provisions.
(2) The “rate-specifying provisions” are—
(a) in section 55(1B), Table A;
(b) in Schedule 4ZA, in paragraph 1(2), Table A;
(c) in Schedule 4A, paragraph 3(1)(a);
(d) in Schedule 5, in paragraph 2(3), Table A;
(e) in Schedule 6ZA, in paragraph 4, Table A;
(f) in section 74(1A), Step 4.
(3) Schedule 9A defines “non-resident transaction” and makes further provision in connection with this section.
(3) In section 101 (unit trust schemes), in subsection (7), at the end insert “, or
Schedule 9A (increased rates for non-resident transactions).”
(4) In section 122 (index of defined expressions), in the table, at the appropriate place insert—
|“non-resident transaction||Schedule 9A, paragraph 2”|
(5) After Schedule 9 insert—