Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
3 (1) In this Schedule—
“new EU workers’ rights” means any workers’ rights—
(a) which member States are obliged to confer by an EU directive published in the Official Journal of the European Union on or after IP completion day, or
(b) that are conferred by an EU regulation published in the Official Journal of the European Union on or after IP completion day;
“workers’ retained EU rights” means workers’ rights of the kinds which—
(a) immediately before IP completion day, the United Kingdom was obliged to confer by virtue of the EU directives listed in the table in paragraph 4, and
(b) on IP completion day, continued to have effect (by virtue of this Act and as modified by any provision made by or under this Act or otherwise) in the law of England and Wales or Scotland;
“workers’ rights” means rights of individuals, and classes of individuals, in the area of labour protection as regards—
(a) fundamental rights at work,
(b) fair working conditions and employment standards,
(c) information and consultation rights at company level,
(d) restructuring of undertakings, and
(e) health and safety at work.
(2) The reference in the definition of “workers’ retained EU rights” to rights which continued to have effect by virtue of this Act includes a reference to rights which form part of retained EU law by virtue of section 2 but which would have continued to have effect irrespective of that section.
(3) References in this Schedule to rights being of the same kind as new EU workers’ rights are to be read as references to rights being of the same kind so far as that is consistent with the United Kingdom’s domestic legal order following its withdrawal from the EU.
(4) For the purposes of this Schedule a right under the law of England and Wales or Scotland is conferred whether or not it is in force.
4 (1) The table referred to in the definition of “workers’ retained EU rights” is as follows:
(2) The Secretary of State may, by regulations, make such modifications of the list of EU directives in that table as the Secretary of State considers appropriate in consequence of any changes before IP completion day in EU directives relating to workers’ rights.
(3) No regulations may be made under sub-paragraph (2) after the end of the period of one year beginning with IP completion day.”