‘(1) The Small Charitable Donations Act 2012 is amended as set out in subsections (2) and (3).
(2) After section 5(1) (general provisions on meaning of “connected”), insert—
“(1A) This section is subject to the provisions of regulations made under section 5A (regulations on local branches and groups).”
(3) After section 5, insert the following—
“5A Regulations on local branches and groups
(1) The Treasury shall by regulations prescribe organisations in which local or regional branches or groups may not be considered to be connected for the purposes of sections 4 and 5.
(2) The Treasury shall publish the first set of draft regulations made under subsection (1) no later than
(3) Before publishing draft regulations under this section, the Treasury shall consult—
(a) the Scout Association;
(b) the Guide Association;
(c) the Combined Cadet Force Association; and
(d) such other organisations as appear to the Treasury to be relevant.”—(Rebecca Long Bailey.)
This new clause requires the Treasury to identify organisations with local or regional branch or group structures in order that those local and regional branches or groups can be separately eligible under the scheme, and to consult certain organisations about the regulations in draft.
Brought up, and read the First time.
Question put, That the clause be read a Second time.
The House divided:
Ayes 254, Noes 287.