‘(1) The Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (SI 1987/764) is amended as follows.
(2) At the end of section 3(6) add—
“(n) as a drinking establishment.”
(3) In the Schedule, leave out “Class A4. Drinking Establishments”.
(4) The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (SI 1995/418) is amended as follows.
(5) In Part 3 of Schedule 2 under Class A: Permitted Development, leave out “A4 (drinking establishments)”.
(6) In Part 31 of Schedule 2 under A.1 add—
“(c) the building subject to demolition is classed as a drinking establishment”.” —(Charlotte Leslie.)
The purpose of this New Clause is to aim to ensure that any proposed demolition of or change of use to public houses and other drinking establishments would be subject to planning permission. Currently such buildings can be demolished or have their use changed without such permission being granted.
Question put, That the clause be added to the Bill.
The House divided:
Ayes 245, Noes 293.
Division number 140