We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
'(1) The authority for an IFC district may, with the approval of the Secretary of State, enter into an agreement with an eligible body authorising the eligible body to perform any function of the IFC authority-
(a) either in relation to the district or in relation to specified parts of that district;
(b) subject to paragraph (a), either generally or in specified cases.
"Specified" means specified in the agreement.
(2) For the purposes of this section and sections [Eligible bodies], [Variation, review and cancellation of agreements under section [Power to enter into agreements with eligible bodies]], [Agreements under section [Power to enter into agreements with eligible bodies]: particular powers] and [Supplementary provisions with respect to agreements under section [Power to enter into agreements with eligible bodies]]-
(a) any reference to a function of an IFC authority includes a reference to a function exercisable by a person authorised, appointed or employed by the IFC authority;
(b) any reference to an agreement is to an agreement under this section.
(3) The Secretary of State's approval may be given-
(a) in relation to a particular agreement or in relation to a description of agreements;
(b) unconditionally or subject to conditions specified in the approval.
(4) An agreement under this section may not authorise an eligible body to perform any of the following functions-
(a) any function whose performance by the body would be incompatible with the purposes for which the body was established;
(b) functions under section 171 (accounts).
(5) An agreement under this section does not prevent the IFC authority from performing a function to which the agreement relates.
(6) The maximum period for which an agreement under this section may authorise an eligible body to perform a function is 20 years.'.- (Huw Irranca-Davies.)
Brought up, and read the First time.
Copy and paste this code on your website