'After section 131AA of the TA 2000 insert—
"131AB Continuation of schemes for areas in England: procedure
(1) This section has effect with respect to the continuation in operation under section 131A (or the proposed continuation in operation under that section) of a quality contracts scheme for an area in England (whether with or without modifications).
(2) If the proposal for the continuation of the scheme—
(a) is an exempt continuation proposal, or
(b) in a case where the authority or authorities have decided that the scheme should continue, was such a proposal,
subsections (2) and (3) to (9) of section 127 apply in relation to the continuation of the scheme as they apply in relation to the making of a scheme, but with the modifications in subsection (4).
(3) Where subsection (2) does not apply, sections 126A to 127 apply in relation to the continuation of a scheme as they apply in relation to the making of a scheme, but with the modifications in subsection (4).
(4) The modifications are—
(a) any reference to a proposal to make a scheme is to be read as a reference to a proposal for the continuation of a scheme,
(b) any reference to making a scheme is to be read as a reference to deciding that a scheme should continue in operation,
(c) any reference to the proposed scheme is to be read as a reference to the scheme as proposed to continue in operation,
(d) any reference to any conditions set out in any paragraphs of section 124(1) or (as the case may be) of section 124(1A) being met is to be read as a reference to those conditions being met by the scheme as proposed to continue in operation (with any proposed modifications),
(e) any reference to section 125 or any provision of that section is to be read as a reference to that section or provision as it has effect by virtue of section 131A,
(f) the references in section 127(2)(b) and (9)(c) to the date or dates on which the scheme is, or provisions of the scheme are, to come into operation are to be read as references to the day decided by the authority or authorities by virtue of section 131A(5B),
(g) section 127 has effect with the omission of subsection (2A) (scheme not to come into operation until 6 months after making),
but further or different modifications, or exclusions, may also be made by regulations under section 133(3)(b).
(5) If, acting on the basis that the proposal for the continuation of the scheme is an exempt continuation proposal, the authority or authorities decide that the scheme is to continue, they must—
(a) publish in such manner as they think fit, and within the time allowed, a notice announcing their decision on the proposal,
(b) supply a copy of that notice to each of the persons mentioned in section 125(3) as it applies by virtue of section 131A in a case where the proposal is an exempt continuation proposal, and
(c) give notice of the decision in accordance with section 127(8) and (9).
(6) For the purposes of subsection (5)(a), the time allowed is the period of 6 months following the date of publication of the consultation document required by section 125(1) as applied by section 131A.".'.
Copy and paste this code on your website