'After section 126A insert—
"126AA Advice by boards or their Commissioners
(1) This section applies at any time after the traffic commissioner who is to chair the QCS board for the proposed scheme has been designated under section 126A.
(2) The QCS board may give advice about matters of a procedural nature to any person who requests it before the end of the appropriate period.
(3) For the purposes of subsection (2), the end of the appropriate period is—
(a) the date on which a scheme is made, or
(b) if no scheme is made, the date on which the authority or authorities give notice to the board under section 126AB(7) that they have decided not to proceed with the proposed scheme.
(4) The board may not, under subsection (2), give advice about the merits of the proposed scheme.
(5) If the Secretary of State thinks it appropriate to do so in connection with securing propriety in the giving of advice under subsection (2), the Secretary of State may by regulations make provision about the giving of advice under that subsection (but not about what the advice is to be).
(6) In particular, regulations under subsection (5) may make provision that has the effect that—
(a) a person's request for advice under subsection (2), or
(b) advice given under subsection (2) to a person,
must be, or may be, disclosed by the board to persons other than that person or to the public generally.
(7) In relation to requests received at any time before the members of the board have been designated, the functions of the board under this section are exercisable on behalf of the board by the traffic commissioner who has been designated to chair the board.".'
Copy and paste this code on your website