'(1) The definitions in this section apply to sections [right to acquire] to [interpretation: "remained in the social rented sector"].
(2) The HCA gives "assistance" to a person if it—
(a) transfers housing or other land to the person,
(b) provides infrastructure to the person, or
(c) gives financial assistance to the person.
(3) References to a "registered social landlord" are to a body which, at the time to which the reference relates, was a registered social landlord within the meaning of Part 1 of the Housing Act 1996 (c. 52) as it then had effect.
(4) "Leaseholder" does not include a mortgagee.
(5) "Long tenancy" has the same meaning as in Part V of the Housing Act 1985 (c. 68).
(6) A person provides a dwelling if the person—
(a) acquires, constructs, converts, improves or repairs housing or other land for use as a dwelling, or
(b) ensures such acquisition, construction, conversion, improvement or repair by another.
(7) "Public sector landlord" means anyone falling within section 80(1) of the Housing Act 1985 (c. 68).'.
Copy and paste this code on your website