'(1) This section applies for the purposes of determining whether a dwelling has remained in the social rented sector.
(2) A dwelling shall be treated as having remained in the social rented sector for any period during which—
(a) the freeholder was a person within subsection (3), and
(b) each leaseholder was either a person within that subsection or an individual holding otherwise than under a long tenancy.
(3) A person is within this subsection if the person is—
(a) a registered provider,
(b) a registered social landlord, or
(c) a public sector landlord.
(4) A dwelling provided wholly or partly by means of a grant under section 27A of the Housing Act 1996 (c. 52) shall also be treated as having remained in the social rented sector for any period during which it was used exclusively for permitted purposes by—
(a) the recipient of the grant, or
(b) any person treated as the recipient by virtue of section 27B of that Act.
(5) "Permitted purposes" are purposes for which the grant was made and any other purposes agreed by the Housing Corporation or the HCA.
(6) Where a lease of a dwelling has been granted to a former freeholder in pursuance of paragraph 3 of Schedule 9 to the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 (c. 28) (mandatory leaseback to former freeholder on collective enfranchisement) the reference in subsection (1)(a) above to the freeholder shall be construed as a reference to the leaseholder under that lease.'.
Copy and paste this code on your website