'(1) A Minister of the Crown may by order under this section make any provision which he considers would serve the purpose in subsection (2).
(2) That purpose is removing or reducing any burden, or the overall burdens, resulting directly or indirectly for any person from any legislation.
(3) In this section "burden" means any of the following—
(a) a financial cost;
(b) an administrative inconvenience;
(c) an obstacle to efficiency, productivity or profitability; or
(d) a sanction, criminal or otherwise, for doing or not doing anything in the course of any activity.
(4) Provision may not be made under subsection (1) in relation to any burden which affects only a Minister of the Crown or government department, unless it affects the Minister or department in the exercise of a regulatory function.
(5) For the purposes of subsection (2), a financial cost or administrative inconvenience may result from the form of any legislation (for example, where the legislation is hard to understand).
(6) In this section "legislation" means any of the following or a provision of any of the following—
(a) a public general Act or local Act (whether passed before or after the commencement of this section), or
(b) any Order in Council, order, rules, regulations, scheme, warrant, byelaw or other subordinate instrument made at any time under an Act referred to in paragraph (a),
but does not include any instrument which is, or is made under, Northern Ireland legislation.
(7) Subject to this Part, the provision that may be made under subsection (1) includes—
(a) provision conferring functions on any person (including functions of legislating or functions relating to the charging of fees),
(b) provision modifying the functions conferred on any person by any enactment,
(c) provision transferring, or providing for the transfer or delegation of, the functions conferred on any person by any enactment,
(d) provision abolishing a body or office established by or under an enactment,
and provision made by amending or repealing any enactment.
(8) An order under this section may contain such consequential, supplementary, incidental or transitional provision (including provision made by amending or repealing any enactment or other provision) as the Minister making it considers appropriate.
(9) An order under this section may bind the Crown.
(10) An order under this section must be made in accordance with this Part.'.
Brought up, and read the First time.