Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order 83A(6) (Programme motions),
That the following provisions shall apply to the Terrorism Bill:
1. The Bill shall be committed to a Committee of the whole House.
Proceedings in Committee
2. (1) Proceedings in Committee of the whole House shall be completed in two days.
(2) Those proceedings shall be taken in the order shown in the first column of the following Table and shall be brought to a conclusion (so far as not previously concluded) at the times specified in the second column.
|Proceedings||Time for conclusion of proceedings|
|Clauses 1 to 4||Three hours after the commencement of proceedings on the Bill on the first day.|
|Clauses 23 and 24||The moment of interruption on the first day or three hours after the commencement of proceedings on Clause 23, whichever is the later|
|Clauses 21 and 22, Clauses 5 to 20, Schedule 1, Clauses 25 to 27, Schedule 2, Clauses 28 to 36, Schedule 3, Clauses 37 and 38, new Clauses, new Schedules, remaining proceedings on the Bill||The moment of interruption on the second day.|
Consideration and Third Reading
3. Any proceedings on consideration shall be brought to a conclusion (so far as not previously concluded) six hours after the commencement of those proceedings.
4. Proceedings on Third Reading shall be brought to a conclusion (so far as not previously concluded) four hours after the commencement of those proceedings.
Programming of other proceedings
6. Any other proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further messages from the Lords) may be programmed.— [Mr. Cawsey.]
The House divided: Ayes 303, Noes 245.