We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Orders [
That the following provisions shall apply to the Finance Bill:
1.—(1) Clauses 1, 4, 5, 9, 14, 22, 42, 56, 57, 124, 130 to 135, 138, 139, 148 and 184 and Schedules 5, 6, 19, 21, 22 and 25, and any new Clauses and Schedules tabled by Friday 9th May 2003 relating to excise duty on spirits or R&D tax credits for oil exploration, shall be committed to a Committee of the whole House.
(2) The remainder of the Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
2. Proceedings in Committee of the whole House shall be completed in two days.
3.—(1) Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on 12th June 2003.
(2) The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
4. When the provisions of the Bill considered, respectively, by the Committee of the whole House and by the Standing Committee have been reported to the House, the Bill shall be proceeded with as if it had been reported as a whole to the House from the Standing Committee.
5. Any other proceedings on the Bill may be programmed—[Mr. Hepple.]
The House divided: Ayes 331, Noes 198.