We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Orders [
That the following provisions shall apply to the Regional Assemblies (Preparations) Bill:
1. Clauses 1 to 4 of the Bill shall be committed to a Committee of the whole House.
2. The remainder of the Bill shall be committed to a Standing Committee.
Programming of proceedings
3. All proceedings on the Bill (including any proceedings on consideration of Lords Amendments or on any further message from the Lords) may be programmed.
4. Proceedings in Committee of the whole House shall be completed in one day.
5. (1) Proceedings in the Standing Committee shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion on Thursday 19th December 2002.
(2) The Standing Committee shall have leave to sit twice on the first day on which it meets.
6. When the provisions of the Bill considered, respectively, by the Committee of the whole House and by the Standing Committee, have been reported to the House, the Bill shall be proceeded with as if it had been reported as a whole to the House from the Standing Committee.
Consideration and Third Reading
7. Proceedings on consideration shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion one hour before the moment of interruption on the day on which those proceedings are commenced.
8. Proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion at the moment of interruption on the day on which proceedings on consideration are commenced.
9. Sessional Order B (programming committees) made on 28th June 2001 shall not apply to proceedings on consideration and Third Reading.—[Derek Twigg.]
The House divided: Ayes 318, Noes 178.