Mr. Deputy Speaker:
With this, it will be convenient to discuss the following: new clause 9—Concordats between the Assembly and Departments of State—
- '(1) Her Majesty may by Order in Council provide for concordats to be agreed between the Assembly and each department of state governing the relations between the Assembly and the departments.
- (2) The Secretary of State shall, before the first ordinary election of the Assembly, lay before each House of Parliament the draft of on Order in Council under this section making provision for such concordats.
- (3) No recommendation shall be made to Her Majesty in Council to make an Order in Council under this section unless a draft of the statutory instrument containing the Order in Council has been laid before, and approved by a resolution of, each House of Parliament.'.
New clause 10—Publication of concordats
- '.—(1) Where a concordat between the Assembly and a Minister of the Crown is agreed, the Assembly shall publish the text of the concordat within 7 days.
- (2) Where an amendment to a concordat between the Assembly and a Minister of the Crown is agreed, the Assembly shall publish the text of the amendment within 7 days.'.
New clause 11—Amendments to concordats
'.—No amendment to a concordat between the Assembly and a Minister of the Crown may be made without first having been agreed to by majority vote at a meeting of the Assembly.'.