East Ayrshire Community Hospital

Part of Prayers – in the House of Commons at 12:43 pm on 19th March 1997.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mr George Foulkes Mr George Foulkes , Carrick, Cumnock and Doon Valley 12:43 pm, 19th March 1997

I am conscious of what the Minister said about Treasury rules and the Cabinet Office instruction about not making decisions until after the general election, which is right and understandable. However, that would suggest that no decision can be taken until well into May, which means further delay for East Ayrshire hospital. If the Government decided to go ahead with the traditional public funding method using public capital, and if my hon. Friend the Member for Hamilton (Mr. Robertson) concurred, would it not be possible to make a decision now?