With this, it will be convenient to discuss the following amendments: No. 116, in clause 33, page 25, line 15, leave out from beginning to end of line 13 on page 27.
Government amendment No. 55.
No. 117, in clause 34, page 27, leave out lines 14 to 21 and insert—
'(1) This section applies if—
No. 118, in clause 35, page 27, line 39, leave out from beginning to end of line 36 on page 28.
- (a) one spouse, former spouse, cohabitant or former cohabitant and the other spouse, former spouse, cohabitant or former cohabitant occupy a dwelling house which—
- (i) in the case of cohabitants or former cohabitants, is the home in which they live or have lived together as husband and wife, or
- (ii) in the case of spouses or former spouses, is or was the matrimonial home; but
- (b) neither of them is entitled to remain in occupation—
- (i) by virtue of a beneficial estate or interest or contract; or
- (ii) by virtue of any enactment giving him the right to remain in occupation.'.
Government amendments Nos. 56 to 58.