- 46AA.—(1) A works notice may require a person to carry out operations in relation to any land or waters notwithstanding that he is not entitled to carry out those operations.
- (2) Any person whose consent is required before any operations required by a works notice may be carried out shall grant, or join in granting, such rights in relation to any land or waters as will enable the person on whom the works notice is served to comply with any requirements imposed by the works notice.
- (3) Before serving a works notice, SEPA shall reasonably endeavour to consult every person who appears to it—
concerning the rights which that person may be so required to grant.
- (a) to be the owner or occupier of any relevant land, and
- (b) to be a person who might be required by subsection (2) above to grant, or join in granting, any rights,
- (4) A works notice shall not be regarded as invalid, or as invalidly served, by reason only of any failure to comply with the requirements of subsection (3) above.
- (5) A person who grants, or joins in granting, any rights pursuant to subsection (2) above shall be entitled, on making an application within such period as may be prescribed and in such manner as may be prescribed to such person as may be prescribed, to be paid by the person on whom the works notice in question is served compensation of such amount as may be determined in such manner as may be prescribed.
- (6) Without prejudice to the generality of the regulations that may be made by virtue of subsection (5) above, regulations by virtue of that subsection may make such provision in relation to compensation under this section as may be made by regulations by virtue of subsection (4) of section 35A of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 in relation to compensation under that section.
- (7) In this section—
relevant land" means—
"works notice" means a works notice under section 46A of this Act.'.
- (a) any land or waters in relation to which the works notice in question requires, or may require, operations to be carried out; or
- (b) any land adjoining or adjacent to that land or those waters;
No. 231, in page 275, line 49, at end insert—
'(6) This section is subject to section 112 of the Environment Act 1995 (delegation or reference of appeals).'.
No. 232, in page 277, line 49, at end insert—
'()In section 56(1) (interpretation of Part II), the following definition shall be inserted in the appropriate place in alphabetical order—