With this, it will be convenient to discuss also the following: New clause 19—Environmental integration—
- '(1) It shall be the duty of each relevant authority—
- (a) to prepare an environmental compliance assessment prior to adoption or approval of any policies or before legislation is introduced into or laid before either House of Parliament which is likely to have significant effects on the environment.
- (b) to take account of the information provided by the environmental compliance assessment prepared under paragraph (a) above in the formulation and implementation of policies and legislation so as to avoid, reduce or minimise any adverse effects on the environment and, where possible, to enhance the environment.
- (2) For the purpose of this section "relevant authority" means:
- (a) any Minister of the Crown,
- (b) any public body,
- (c) any statutory undertaker, or
- (d) any person holding public office.'.