(4) In sub-paragraph (2)(c) above "the appropriate date" means—
- (a) in relation to paragraphs 7 and 8 below, the effective date of termination,
- (b) in relation to paragraph 10 below, the date of the act or failure to act,
- (c) in relation to sub-paragraph (2) or (3) of paragraph 12 below, the day on which the agreement is entered into,
- (d) in relation to sub-paragraph (4) of that paragraph, the day on which the employee returns to work,
- (e) in relation to paragraph 14 below, any time in relation to which the contract is to be enforced, and
- (f) in relation to paragraph 15 below, the end of the period in respect of which the remuneration is paid or the benefit accrues.