15A.—(1) In relation to a community-based housing association in Scotland the following are also permitted, notwithstanding section 15(1)—
- (a) payments made by the association in respect of the purchase of a dwelling, or part of a dwelling, owned and occupied by a person described in subsection (2) who is not an employee of the association; but only if—
- (i) such payments constitute expenditure in connection with housing projects undertaken for the purpose of improving or repairing dwellings, being expenditure in respect of which housing association grants may be made under section 41(1); and
- (ii) the purchase price does not exceed such value as may be placed on the dwelling, or as the case may be part, by the district valuer;
- (b) the granting of the tenancy of a dwelling, or part of a dwelling, to such a person; but only if the person—
- (i) lives in the dwelling or in another dwelling owned by the association; or
- (ii) has at any time within the period of twelve months immediately preceding the granting of
the tenancy lived in the dwelling (or such other dwelling) whether or not it belonged to the housing association when he lived there.