Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
Standing Order No. 19 (Consideration of estimates):
Line 3, at end, insert 'set down under the provisions of paragraph (2) of Standing Order No. 101 (Liaison Committee); and not more than one day so allotted may be taken in the form of two half clays, not being Fridays.'
Line 10, leave out from 'concluded' to end of line 64 and add—
'(3) On any such half day—
Provided that on days on which business stands over until seven o'clock under the provisions of Standing Order No. 10 (Adjournment on specific and important matter that should have urgent consideration) or has been set down for that hour under the provisions of Standing Order No. 7 (Time for taking private business) proceedings under this sub-paragraph shall not be entered upon until such business has been disposed of, and may then be proceeded with for three hours, notwithstanding the provisions of Standing Order No. 1 (Sittings of the House).
(4) on any day or half day allotted under this order, questions necessary to dispose of proceedings (other than a dilatory motion) on the estimates on which debate has been concluded shall be deferred until the hour prescribed under paragraph (5) of this order.
(5) At ten o'clock on an allotted day or half day, or as soon thereafter as proceedings under the proviso to paragraph (3)(b) of this order have been disposed of, Mr. Speaker shall put, successively, any questions deferred under paragraph (4) of this order, and any questions necessary to dispose of proceedings on all other estimates appointed for consideration on that day.'
Line 64, at end add new Standing Order (Questions on voting of estimates, &c.):
(1) On any day to which the provisions of paragraphs (2), (3) or (4) of this order apply Mr. Speaker shall at ten o'clock put the questions on—
(2) The provisions of paragraph (1) of this order shall apply on a day not later than 6th February, if any of the following total amounts have been put down for consideration:
(3) The provisions of paragraph (1) of this order shall apply on a day not later than 18th March, if any of the following numbers or total amounts have been put down for consideration: