Family Allowances

Part of Oral Answers to Questions — Pensions and National Insurance – in the House of Commons at 12:00 am on 28th November 1960.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mr John Boyd-Carpenter Mr John Boyd-Carpenter , Kingston upon Thames 12:00 am, 28th November 1960

All claimants to family allowances have to make a declaration about their residence in this country and to say whether their children are living with them. People receiving allowances are required to notify the Department immediately if any of the children leave the country otherwise than for a short temporary visit; and they must complete an annual certificate showing the whereabouts of the children. Whenever it appears that the conditions may not be satisfied further inquiries are made.