Following are the terms of reference of East African Fiscal Commission:
- (a) To examine arrangements at present in force in East Africa for a common market area, for economic co-ordination between Territories and for fiscal uniformity with regard to measures now taken—
- (i) To facilitate interterritorial trade in products of local agriculture and manufacturing industries and to develop such industries in East Africa.
- (ii) To secure uniformity in fiscal and financial matters including methods used to allocate yields from customs, excise and income taxes between Territories.
- (iii) To provide the East Africa High Commission with revenue necessary to meet the costs of services administered by the Commission for the benefit of the Territories and to apportion the cost of such services between the Territories.
- (b) To consider the advantages and disadvantages generally of the present arrangements and whether or not those arrangements are economic and are fair to the interests of each of the individual Territories; and to make recommendations for any necessary adjustments, additions or modifications to them.